Chapter 32: "Call me YuTang."

At 6pm, Cheng YuTang didn't work overtime as usual, but packed up his things as soon as the time arrived and hooked a finger towards Ji XiaoYu, saying, "Let's go, drive me home."

Ji XiaoYu was about to agree, but then he suddenly remembered the agreement with Yang YiPeng from two days ago and said, "Cheng Zong, I'm sorry, I'm going to take leave today, because I asked my colleagues from the security department out to eat, so I can't drive you back."

Cheng YuTang almost thought that he had misheard. "You want to treat? Why are you so generous all of a sudden? There are dozens of people in the security department, can you afford it?"

In the past, this little thing had valued money more than anything else. Did the sun rise in the west today?

Also, when he got his paycheck after his first month, he said that he would invite Cheng YuTang to dinner, but it had already been two months and that invitation wasn't honored. That was really unfair!

Ji XiaoYu replied very honestly, "I got not only a promotion but also a raise. Captain Yang said that it's best to ask my colleagues to eat dinner to express our working relationship a bit. He also suggested that I ask them to have a barbecue at the delicious barbecue bar on Screw Street. He said that would be cheaper. Cheng Zong, what do you think?"

Cheng Zong's heart was in what's called an imbalance. On the one hand, he didn't want him to go at all, but rational thought told him that Yang YiPeng's suggestion wasn't unreasonable. Ji XiaoYu shouldn't be too standoffish in the workplace, drawing a clear line between the people around him. Interpersonal relationships were a very important concept to learn. If the little thing could handle working well with a colleague, he would be a little better at work.

So he could only forcefully suppress the vinegar in his heart as he said, "Alright, I'll accept your absence, but I have one requirement. You're not allowed to drink."

This little thing's drunken appearance can only be seen by me, absolutely no one else.

Ji XiaoYu said happily, "No problem, I promise I won't drink!"

Cheng YuTang thought it over a little reluctantly, then said, "Didn't you say two months ago that you were going to invite me to dinner? It's been so long with no movement, are you really going to fulfill that?"

"Aiya, I would have forgotten if you didn't say it, I'm sorry, eh?" Ji XiaoYu slapped his head, "A man of character said, four horses are hard to chase. When you have time, I'll invite you to eat, whatever you want to eat!"

Anyway, Cheng Zong had just promoted him and gave him a high salary of 25000 yuan a month. He couldn't be too stingy. If Cheng Zong enjoyed the meal, maybe he would give him a raise again, heh heh.

Cheng YuTang was finally a little more comfortable. "Then I'm going to have to think about it."

"Yeah, you think it over slowly!"

After he finished coaxing Cheng Zong, Ji XiaoYu saw him to the underground parking lot like a lackey. After Cheng YuTang got in the car, he didn't forget to emphasize again, "No drinking, I could call you at any time."

Ji XiaoYu nodded like a chicken pecking at rice, "Got it, you can rest assured!"

After waiting for Cheng YuTang to drive off, he breathed a sigh of relief and then went to the barbecue bar.

Because of the delay, he was a few minutes late, so when he arrived at the place, he found that more than ten people had already arrived, almost filling the tables at the entrance of the big area. Yang YiPeng, Liu WeiRen, and Liang ShaoGang were among them.