Chapter 31: He's a good boss!

Thinking about the promotion and raise today, Ji XiaoYu couldn't keep himself from laughing. He went directly to the security department office and found Yang YiPeng sitting at his desk, cigarette butt in his hand and staring at a document in a daze. On the wall behind him was hanging the golden banner that was presented yesterday.

He walked before him and saluted with a "snap", saying loudly, "Captain, good morning!"

Yang YiPeng jumped, almost getting burned by his cigarette butt. He quickly extinguished it in the ashtray, then stood up and scolded with a laugh, "Fuck, you almost gave me a heart attack this early in the morning."

Ji XiaoYu laughed "heehee" and said, "Captain, I'm sorry, I'm just so happy."

"You wear all your thoughts on your face like a kid. I used to think you were pretending to be stupid, but I finally figured it out today, turns out that......." Yang YiPeng didn't finish, smiling and shaking his head, "I say, Mr. Ji XiaoYu, you're really skilled. I thought yesterday was exciting enough, but I didn't expect it to be even more exciting today. You've been with the company for just less than three months, but you still earned so much of Cheng Zong's favor and appreciation, rising than a flying rocket. Do you have some trick you can share with me?"

Ji XiaoYu scratched his head, a bit confused, "I don't know, maybe that I'm kindred spirits with Cheng Zong?"

Well, that's the only explanation. Yang YiPeng was done with this nonsense, so he put the contract in front of him, "Sign it."

Ji XiaoYu didn't look it over, asking "Sign where?"

Since this wasn't the first time, Yang YiPeng wasn't surprised. He pointed to a few places to show him and Ji XiaoYu signed in a very casual and neat manner.

Yang YiPeng then joked, "Mr. Ji XiaoYu, congratulations on the realization of your dream from when you first entered the job – good fortune and riches. Isn't it necessary that you treat us in celebration of your happy occasion?"

"Thank you, Captain!" Ji XiaoYu smiled cutely and was a little embarrassed to say, "I'll treat, but, but I want to save up money. So I can't spend a ton. I can't afford steak, Japanese-style food, or whatever. Is there somewhere cheap and affordable?"

"You're really honest, daring to say anything," Yang YiPeng lamented, and then joked, "You're still so young, what are you saving money for? To build a house, marry a wife, and give birth to two fat dolls? Hahaha!"

(Note, babies are called fat dolls in China)

Ji XiaoYu's face suddenly went red. He stammered and said, "N-no way. Anyway, I have a use for it, so I have to save more money."

He had just discovered that he liked men, so he wouldn't be thinking about marrying a wife in this lifetime.

But it didn't matter if he couldn't marry a woman. He already had the little white egg. So, in the near future, there would be a fat doll and after that, the two of them would be able to spend their days together.

Yang YiPeng had had enough laughter. "Okay, I won't tease you anymore. I don't mean to extort you by taking advantage of your weakness, it's just a chance for everyone to have fun together. Otherwise, your colleagues may start thinking differently, because nobody likes a cheapskate. A lot of things have happened these past few days and the company's doing a big safety hazard investigation for the end of the year. Let's have barbecue at the Screw Street Night Market Friday night. The delicious barbecue bar there is good. The guys go there often. A dozen yuan per person is enough for the meal, so it won't cost much. Those off-duty can go straight there and then pack some up and bring it back for those on-duty. What do you think?"