Chapter 54: We have a son.

Ji XiaoYu could hardly believe his eyes. His heart ached and twisted. He didn't dare to move forward, pressing a hand to his heart as he cried, "I-is this m-my Xiao DengPao?"

He had only incubated Xiao DengPao for eight and a half months, but it was only a month and a half short of ten. In front of him, this little guy was a little smaller than an average chick, but looked very spirited. Was this really hatched from his own little white egg?

The little guy in the stone hole had yellowish fluffy feathers and the top of his head and his wings were dotted with a few small spots like maroon flowers. After hearing Ji XiaoYu speak, he stepped out of the hole on his thin claws. He tripped over a small stone after a few steps and his little body twisted, about to fall down.

Cheng YuTang held out his hands in time. He tried to restrain his swelling emotions and, holding his breath, gently held the chick in his hands, lifting it up from the ground.

The chick seemed a little scared, shivering and shaking uncontrollably.

Cheng YuTang gently stroked his little head with his thumb and his voice shook, "Xiao DengPao, hello, I-I'm your other daddy."

The chick blinked his eyes, who knew if he understood or if the scent just made him feel at ease. He stood on Cheng YuTang's hand, lowered his little head, and his little beak pecked gently at his palm, "Cheep."

The famously unemotional president, who hadn't wept since he cried for who knew what reason at the precocious age of seven, suddenly burst into tears.

"Child, my child!" Ji XiaoYu was so anxious he could die. He didn't dare to reach out to grab him, just staring from off to the side.

Cheng YuTang smiled and held the chick before him. Ji XiaoYu shivered and took him, bringing him up to his own eyes, as if he were holding a ticking time bomb.

The chick tilted his little head, his two eyes meeting the four eyes swollen with tears opposite him.

Ji XiaoYu waited for a while and didn't hear anything. He urged him eagerly, "My child, I am your daddy, eh? The daddy who laid you. You better greet me!"

The little chick seemed to be struggling with something. He shook his little bottom and struggled to stamp his tiny claws. After a while, he cried out softly, "Cheeep-"

Right after, a blob of muddy filth fell from behind his little bottom, hitting Ji XiaoYu's palm with a "plop".

Ji XiaoYu: "......"

Cheng YuTang: "......"

Jiang WuYa who had secretly snuck around and was peeping from the side: "Pft-hahaha!"

Ji XiaoYu was ashamed, annoyed, and sad, his lips flattening out. He was about to cry again.

When my son arrived in my own hand, he took a poop. Did this indicate disdain for me? Or just showing that he was feeling displeasure over his poor care and me losing him?

Cheng YuTang scolded the unscrupulous crow detective with a stern glare, then turned back and softly comforted his extremely wronged little lover, "Baby, don't be sad, this shows that our son is very healthy. And he's close to you and he likes you, so he pooped in your hand. See if he'll do the same if you're replaced with Inspector Jiang."

Inspector Jiang flashed to two meters away in an instant, "No, no, this honor is for you, the husband and wife, to enjoy!"

As if in response to what his other father said, the chick stretched up his little head and pecked the tip of Ji XiaoYu's nose, which was red from crying, "Cheep."