Chapter 12

Just see if this little master won't rip your skin off to make cured bacon!

Tonight was Ji XiaoYu's last night in the little restaurant. He had packed up his few belongings in a canvas bag and cleaned the attic again. When he was done, he took a shower and lay down in bed. He touched the little white egg and said, "My child, Daddy is going to start a new job tomorrow and also move to a new home. Are you happy or not?"

The little white egg naturally didn't answer, lying quietly in the palm of his hand.

Ji XiaoYu pressed a kiss on the little white egg, then put it under his belly and turned off the light to sleep.

At this moment, Wu YaoQiang downstairs could have knocked the roof off with his snoring and Ji XiaoYu had to pull the quilt and cover his head to filter out a bit of the noise.

Luckily, he no longer went on a rampage when he didn't sleep well, as he had in the time before laying his egg. Otherwise, Qiang Zi Ge wouldn't be so at ease right now.

He knew it was definitely impossible for Boss Li to spend money on renting a house outside for his staff. He could only hope that his accommodations would improve after entering HongSheng, so that he could have a relatively independent, private s.p.a.ce to incubate his egg.

He didn't know how long it had been but Ji XiaoYu, covered with the quilt and dozing, faintly heard a little rustle of movement in the room, just like a rat crawling around. Although the sound was soft, it was more annoying than Wu YaoQiang's snoring.

This d.a.m.n rat actually dares to be impudent on the turf of this pheasant spirit. Just see if this little master won't rip your skin off to make cured bacon!

Ji XiaoYu pulled the quilt off his face and suddenly found a dark thing crouching in front of the bed, sticking out a paw and probing under the quilt. He was so frightened that gooseb.u.mps sprung up on his skin in an instant.

As a pheasant spirit, Ji XiaoYu also had the shortcoming of ordinary birds, that is, relatively poor night vision, so it was hard to see his surroundings in a dimly lit environment. However, he hadn't closed the curtains before going to sleep tonight. The light of the streetlights outside shone into the attic through the gap in the curtains, so that he could somewhat make out what was in front of the bed.

It was about the size of an average medium-sized dog, covered with black fur, with a sharp, pointed face and long whiskers, and a pair of pesized sneaky, black eyes like a thief's. It had sharp claws and a thin tail a meter long behind itself.

It was a rat, but not an ordinary rat. It was an evil rat spirit!

Ji XiaoYu's heart went cold and then he snapped his palm out like a blade, slashing hard on the extended paw of the rat spirit.

The rat spirit screamed out a "squeak" in pain and retracted his right paw.

"Which gutter did this rat spirit crawl out of? This little master has no grudge against you, so what's with this sneak attack in the middle of the night?" Ji XiaoYu scolded, bouncing up from the bed like a big carp. The quilt was thrown to the side, revealing the faintly glowing little white egg in the middle of the bed.

The rat spirit didn't answer. At that moment, a touch of greedy thievery flashed through his eyes. In spirt of the pain in his right paw, he extended his left paw to grab the little white egg.

This wretch, he's actually coming for my own egg, d.a.m.n! Ji XiaoYu had a change of face and he shot one foot forward towards the rat spirit's head and kicked hard.

This kick was full of power and, facing this gust of wind, the rat spirit had to shrink back his head and dodge. Then he rolled in place and the rat spirit turned into a skinny, horrible man. It was the guy Ji XiaoYu had smelled the scent of the sewer on in front of the little restaurant the other day!