Chapter 16

Attracting bees and b.u.t.terflies with carefree smiles in such a way

The training drills of the security department weren't difficult, mainly lining up in parade formation, turning left and right, punching and kicking with military boxing, doing push-ups, and then training in the use of various types of security equipment. Ji XiaoYu didn't want to be too showy to attract anyone's attention, so he deliberately performed well within the normal range; nothing too eye-catching, but he didn't do anything to make himself get punished. After a few days, the security guards stopped taking this new kid so seriously.

Seven days flashed forward and on the morning of October 8th, the staff who came to work in Block A of the HongSheng Building suddenly discovered that the security guard at the lobby security desk had changed to a new person with delicate features and a clear complexion. Wearing a brand-new military-green uniform, his slender waist was wrapped with a belt, so he looked like a bamboo tree growing out of the water, slender and upright, fresh and pleasant.

When the new security guard talked to people, he was very polite, warm, and thoughtful and he looks at everyone with a bright, full smile, which revealed rows of shiny, neat little white teeth. This blinded the eyes of many employees – especially the women. Many people walked past and had to take a second look or they even turned back with nothing to say, but still managing to speak a few words here and there.

If they hadn't been rushing to punch their timecards, the new security desk would probably be surrounded by a group of pretty young ladies.

At 8:52, Zhou SiYu entered the lobby wearing a skirt and carrying a small bag. As she was heading towards to the elevator, someone suddenly called out next to her, "Zhou Jie, good morning!"

Zhou SiYu turned her head and looked and suddenly opened her eyes wide, "Hey, aren't you the little delivery guy from Old Li's Home-Cooked Dishes? Why are you wearing this outfit all of a sudden? I almost didn't recognize you."

"Oh, yeah, I changed jobs and became a HongSheng security guard." Ji XiaoYu touched the brim of his hat and laughed, "Thank you for taking care of me before, Zhou Jie. We're kind of colleagues now too, so if there's anything I can do to help you in the future, just say it."

He had always had a good impression of Zhou SiYu, so he felt a bit of grat.i.tude towards her. If this young woman hadn't ordered some Old Li's Home-cooked Dishes delivery, he wouldn't have had the chance to come to the HongSheng Building and he wouldn't have encountered Cheng YuTang. So, he wouldn't be a HongSheng security guard and his wages wouldn't have gone up a lot.

Zhou SiYu was both surprised and sincerely happy for Ji XiaoYu. "That's great, congratulations! Are you free tonight? Zhou Jie invites you to have a meal, as a celebration for you."

"No, no, no, I should treat you. Zhou Jie, what do you like to eat?"

"I can do that, but I can't eat too much high-fat food at night, or I'll get fat......."

"It's already two minutes to nine o'clock. Which department is yours, don't you have to punch for work?" someone coldly interjected, interrupted Zhou SiYu.

Zhou SiYu turned stiffly, stammering out her reply, "Cheng, Cheng Zong! I-I'm from the marketing department. I'm sorry, I'll go up and punch in!" As she spoke, she secretly shot Ji XiaoYu a "hope for the best" look. Then, stepping on her high heels, she ran off faster than a rabbit.

A few people who had just entered the lobby immediately ran off, lest they be caught by Cheng Zong.

Ji XiaoYu's heart cried out about the bad luck, but he faced Cheng YuTang and spared no effort to show a blooming, flattering bright smile, "Cheng Zong, morning."