Chapter 39: Who are you calling 'child'?

After the table was swept clean, Ji XiaoYu looked up and saw a pampering little smile on Cheng YuTang's lips. His heart was suddenly filled with regret, was I fooled again? Ay, why can't I keep my mouth shut!

No wonder humans said that sugar-coated shells were the most difficult to resist. This man was clever from head to toe, so it was even more difficult to fight him when he pulled out all his tricks.

After breakfast, Cheng Zong happily went to the garage with his little bodyguard.

After pressing the unlock button, Cheng YuTang habitually escorted Ji XiaoYu to the passenger's side, taking the driver's side for himself. Disgruntled, Ji XiaoYu said, "If you don't believe in my skills, why do you want me as your bodyguard and driver? I'd like to see you try to find someone better qualified than me, sir."

It had been a while since he got his driver's license, but he'd never given Cheng YuTang a ride, today would be the first time.

"Sorry, I forgot for a moment." Cheng YuTang didn't resist, seating himself in the passenger seat obediently. "How could I even find someone better? I'm not sure who else could put me at ease with their skills."

As long as there was no major accident, even if the little thing was waiting to just drive he car into a ditch, he would compliment him with 'what skills!'

As a result, Cheng YuTang was shocked even before the car made it out of the community gate. This wasn't finding beauty in the eye of the beholder; Ji XiaoYu was really skilled at driving. Just seeing the smoothness and proficiency of his handling, no one could have imagined he was a newbie who got his driver's license just this month.

Ji XiaoYu saw the awed expression on Cheng YuTang's face in the mirror and he couldn't help but be proud, saying, "What do you think, are my skills any worse than a veteran driver?"

"Naturally, compared to an veteran driver, you're even more of an experienced driver." Cheng YuTang chuckled, "I told you I don't misjudge people."

"Veteran driver" Ji XiaoYu was so thrilled that it was hard to press the rising corners of his lips back down.

Arriving at the company, the employees who had the privilege of passing by Cheng Zong had been surprised to find that today, accompanied by the new bodyguard, the gloom that had been on the honorable president's face the past few days had been swept away. He was completely glowing and radiant. A person habitually greeted the president and actually got a response from him. The man was so excited that he giggled and spent the rest of the day in a trance.

In his office, Cheng YuTang worked seriously and diligently at his desk. Ji XiaoYu stayed in the lounge area, eating, drinking, and watching TV as before. When he got off work in the afternoon, he drove the man home again. On the drive, Cheng Zong made the strong implication that he wanted him to stay for dinner. Though Ji XiaoYu wavered a bit, he resolutely refused and then drove his own car to return to HongSheng and eat in the canteen.

What else could Cheng YuTang do? He couldn't tie the man to a chair and forcibly feed him, so he had to let him leave.

It seemed that little thing isn't so easily fooled. If I want to break through the defense around his heart, I'll have to think of another way.

After two days of peace and quiet, when Ji XiaoYu had just finished sending Cheng YuTang back to the villa community and was about to return to HongSheng for dinner, he suddenly realized that today was the 28th. He could go to Ning Cheng Spring and Autumn to eat for free.

Except Manager Yang had told him to bring someone to eat with. Excluding a certain someone, who was he going to take?

Ji XiaoYu soon thought of a candidate, so he excitedly pulled the number out of his contact list and dialed it, "Hey, Liang Ge, where are you now? Have you eaten dinner? ......You haven't had time to cook yet? Good, I'm inviting you to go to Ning Cheng Spring and Autumn to eat a big dinner! ......I'm not lying to you, it's true! But it's not my own money, I couldn't afford it. It's like this, I'm on of their ultimate VIP guests, so I have three chances to eat for free each month, but I have to take someone to eat with. How about it, you want to go? ......Hahaha, okay, I'll drive to the dorm to pick you up, just wait!"