Chapter 52: Laozi is going to use a big move!

So it turned out that Jiang WuYa was a crow? Cheng YuTang politely expressed surprise. Ever since he found out that the little thing was a pheasant spirit, his level of tolerance had greatly improved. Detective Jiang, who was pretty famous in Ning City, was a crow spirit; there were no obstacles to him accepting this strange fact even though it was such an impressive spectacle.

But Jiang WuYa was so demeaning towards his baby and questioned his own taste, so he said to him coolly in annoyance, "Detective Jiang, cut the nonsense, are you going to take the case or not? If you don't have the ability to solve the case, then I'll find another expert."

Jiang WuYa finally put on a serious expression, saying with a bit of arrogance, "I accept, of course I accept. If even I can't crack this case, then in the entire Ning City, no, the entire country, no one will be able to."

He had deliberately uttered the phrase "little chick" just now, first wanting to make fun of this man who had never showed off such a lovey-dovey relationship before and second wanting to test the degree of understanding and true attitude of Cheng YuTang towards Ji XiaoYu's identity. It seemed that this spiritual beast's husband really did have a lot of affection for him.

These days, there were few spiritual beasts who immersed themselves in human society to live, such as himself. Naturally, these spiritual beasts were immortals who hadn't given up their desires. They have the same passionate feelings as human beings, but when they fell in love with human beings, they would almost certainly hide their true identity, as cautious as thieves not exposing themselves to the light of heaven. Because, in 99% of cases, once they exposed themselves, it didn't end well. There were not many peaceful breakups, most of them ending with hate instead of love, as they turned against each other.

In Jiang WuYa's experience, he had only ever seen a few pairs like the two in front of him, knowing each other's identities and still so passionate and in love.

Tsk, really puts a guy in a bad mood.

Cheng YuTang said, "Alright, then we'll wait and see."

Jiang WuYa gathered his scattered thoughts and pulled a pair of gloves from his pocket to put them on. While carefully examining the environment in Ji XiaoYu's bedroom, he said, "Little Pheasant, now tell me exactly how the crime happened, don't leave anything out. Otherwise, if any information is missing or distorted, it will be impossible to solve the case or the difficulty of solving it will increase and, at that point, don't dare to think that I'm responsible."

Ji XiaoYu had to temporarily put aside his prejudice towards the black crow, piece by piece telling the story, concealing only the true identity of Xiao DengPao.

Although Jiang WuYa gave off a sense of integrity, their relationship wasn't deep. Also, it was better to be safe than sorry, because if he knew Xiao DengPao was the male rooster's egg from the rumor that one could boost someone's cultivation and then got greedy, wanting it for himself, that would be adding another disaster on top of the current one.

Jiang WuYa sniffed around. He crouched down on the floor of the room and looked around and then looked at the imprint on the sheets. He said casually, "Mr. Chick, what the hell kind of valuable thing did you lose? It's not an egg, right? Hahahaha!"

Ji XiaoYu's heart clenched, oh no, could it have been seen through by this damn crow with a thief's eyes?

Cheng YuTang squeezed the hand he was holding tight and, not flustered, said, "Good eyesight, Detective Jiang. The lost item is a nearly-spherical diamond, slightly smaller than a chicken egg, slightly larger than a pigeon egg. It's the token of love I gave XiaoYu, called Xiao DengPao. I had originally planned to set it in a ring in a few days, to give it to XiaoYu as an engagement ring."