Chapter 22

The ancient saying 'looks good enough to eat' really is pretty accurate.

Cheng YuTang remembered that this little thing had forgotten what happened on Christmas Eve last year and he couldn't help but feel a little regretful, but it would be no fun to say it right out. It would be the same to let him have a good, complete experience of it later.

Mindful of this, Cheng YuTang suddenly felt a little hot, so he lifted his hands and unfastened two of his shirt buttons, and then threw out the bait, "It's boring to cook alone. If you help me, you'll have to work overtime. The overtime rate is twice as much as the normal salary, so how about it?"

Hearing this, Ji XiaoYu immediately thought nothing more of it, instantly saying, "Okay!"

I knew that's the way it was. Cheng YuTang hummed and smiled a bit, entering the kitchen. "Well? Come on."

"Coming, coming!" Ji XiaoYu immediately took off his shoes and grabbed a pair of slippers from the shoe cabinet to put them on. He ran with a pitter-patter into the kitchen.

Cheng YuTang glanced over and saw a hole in the sock of his right foot. From inside, the white, bare flesh of his big toe was playfully poking its head out. A sour feeling rushed through his heart, how on earth does this little thing live? How can you make yourself so shabby?

He asked, seemingly unintentionally, "What do you usually do besides going to work?"

Ji XiaoYu was still admiring the spacious kitchen and looking at the amazing view of the various expensive kitchen utensils, thinking if Boss Li saw these things, he was afraid that he'd be so excited he'd fall over. He replied casually, "Watching TV, sleeping, incubating......"

"Ah? Incubating?" Cheng YuTang Zheng, rolling up his sleeves, was listening and caught the hint of a topic.

Ji XiaoYu realized that he had almost spilled his secret. Wanting to give himself a slap in the face, he quickly lied, "Incubating An Egg is an online game. It's pretty fun. When I'm free, I play it for a while."

"Is it? Then when will you teach me how to play?" In addition to work, Cheng YuTang would exercise daily, so he had no interest in games. He had also never heard of this game. So he was just trying to tease Ji XiaoYu.

Ji XiaoYu replied in a vague way, "Well, I'll wait until you have time free."

He thought to himself in his heart what he would have replied to mess with him, the president is a man of great importance, even working overtime at the company on the weekends, there certainly can't be any time to play games.

"What do you want to eat?" Cheng YuTang opened the refrigerator, which was neatly packed with a lot of fruits, vegetables, and meat. These were all the fresh ingredients bought by the auntie every morning.

"Doesn't matter."

The president was personally cooking, so how could Ji XiaoYu, as a little security guard, order him? He would eat whatever Cheng YuTang made.

Cheng YuTang had no words. 'Doesn't matter' again; he was the most annoyed with these two words right now!

Watching Cheng YuTang take a plucked chicken from the fridge, Ji XiaoYu suddenly felt a little bad. He trembled and pleaded, "Cheng Zong, can we not eat chicken? I-I'm allergic to chicken."

"........" Cheng YuTang sucked in his cheeks and put the chicken back. His eyes swept over a carton of turkey eggs, I could make tomato scrambled eggs......

"Eggs are no good!!" Ji XiaoYu immediately blurted out.

Cheng YuTang was both angry and amused. Just now he had said 'doesn't matter' so casually but now in the moment he was picky, this little thing was really difficult to serve. "This is the best time to make anything else you don't eat clear, to keep from wasting time."