Chapter 62: Elephant, elephant, why is your nose so long?

The old couple and the young couple searched around the store a few times and didn't see Cheng PaoPao. Father Cheng couldn't help but beat his chest in regret, "It's all my fault, I shouldn't have put the birdcage down!"

Last time when he took PaoPao to stroll in the park, the result was that his grandson was almost taken away by a feral cat. PaoPao had again disappeared from his hands this time. Were the heavens blind? Taking a knife and sticking it right in his heart!

Mother Cheng had said a few words to blame the old man and then nothing more, her eyes red.

Ji XiaoYu was so anxious that he grabbed the store manager's collar and lifted his feet off the ground. He said angrily, "Return my son to me!"

The store manager was so scared that his feet were kicking. He said with a stunned expression, "Mr. Ji, who is your son? I didn't see him!"

"Don't play dumb with me! Just now as you pretended to shake hands with our family, I'm sure that someone stole my son while we were distracted!" Ji XiaoYu couldn't wait to punch this guy into the ceiling, "Hurry up and give him back to me, otherwise I'll tear down your whole shopping store!"

The manager was so scared that he started crying. He rushed to say, "Mr. Ji, I've been wronged. How could I have stolen your son? I don't even know what your son looks like!"

Cheng YuTang was just as anxious, but he still kept a bit of his sanity. He patted Ji XiaoYu on the back and said, "Baby, he's likely not lying. The birdcage is still here and no strangers came near just now. PaoPao probably opened the door on his own and ran away."

Ji XiaoYu loosed his grip and threw the store manager back to the floor. He quickly said, "What to do then? We haven't found him after such a long time!"

The manager was a bit confused. He didn't understand what the family's lost child had to do with the fat little chick in the cage. He was just grateful and so said, "Mr. Cheng, you are so discerning, knowing that I'm telling the truth! Oh yeah, we have a monitoring system here, you all can come with me to the control room and it should be made clear!"

So the family of four immediately followed the manager to the control room and he pulled up the surveillance video from the time when Cheng PaoPao disappeared on the second floor. Sure enough, after Father Cheng put the birdcage on the ground, Cheng PaoPao appeared to open his mouth and chirp twice, but there was music in the store so the adults couldn't hear him. The fat little chick pecked the door open with his beak and bolted out of the cage. His actions were more skillful than a habitual thief. Then he ran away with a skip and jump, disappearing from the video screen in the blink of an eye.

Ji XiaoYu punched the wall, so angry he had to hit something, "This bad little egg is really too naughty. Just wait until we find him, I'm going to spank his butt!"

Cheng YuTang kissed his sweaty forehead and comforted him, "Darling, let's get him back first. It's not like anyone deliberately stole him."

There was a creak and a snap and then the wall split like a spider web, the smashed parts of wall falling straight down as dust.

The store manager was horrified and stunned, thinking that it was embarrassing that these two thought of a chicken as a son. Such a strange fad. He really didn't understand the mindset of young people nowadays.

Father Cheng immediately said, "I'll trouble you to bring up other videos from around us to see where our chick has gone."

The manager quickly agreed, having the staff pull up the video of the entire store. As a result, the group of people all got in front of the screens and stared at it. For a long time, they didn't find even the shadow of the fat little chick.