Chapter 23

People say good-looking women are a source of calamity, but I think it's the same for men.

Thinking of this, Cheng YuTang suddenly thought of a horrible idea. Ji XiaoYu saying this, it couldn't be what happened that night of last year's Christmas Eve, right? For a moment, he felt like his heart was being crushed by a large, heavy rock and it felt terrible to bear.

He had a gentle appearance, but he was not a gentleman. In order to achieve his means, he would use all kinds of methods. The business world was like a battlefield and someone silly and sweet would never be able to break out in it. A few years ago, when his father was seriously ill, he hastily had to take over HongSheng. At that time, he had just returned from abroad and he was too young and didn't have the proper qualifications. He couldn't win over the masses and so he was almost kicked out of his position by several ambitious uncles and was isolated all alone. If he hadn't been strong enough, if his tricks hadn't been clever enough, if he could have even survived, he would've been sent to an island on the other side of the ocean where birds didn't even go to lay eggs.

Even so, he had never gone to the point of forcing someone in bed. Perhaps it was his naturally cold temperament, but he has always divided his work life from his love life and he wasn't very interested in that kind of thing. Even if there was a need, adhering to the principle that he wasn't willing to get tangled up in someone else, he would always decisively cut off and never drag a relationship out. The only time he made an exception, the only time he had lost control, was the sudden, purely unexpected encounter with Ji XiaoYu last year.

Was it possible that I took advantage of a good man that night, forcing him into a shameful situation?

No, no, no, no way! That night was clearly arranged in advance of Han QingShi. Ji XiaoYu also took the drugs himself and took the initiative to enter his room and lie on his bed to seduce him himself. He just went along with the flow. There was no coercion; by nature, it was completely different!

Cheng YuTang tried to exonerate himself, but his heart was still full of doubt. During this time that they had interacted, he had found that Ji XiaoYu was indeed a major money-grubber, but it didn't seem like he was an unscrupulous person who would do whatever it took to make money and who had no lower limit. Otherwise, he could have continued to sell his body or could have found a wealthy sugar daddy to support himself. With his looks and body, there were bound to be plenty of people willing to pay for him.

However, Ji XiaoYu hadn't chosen that path to make quick money. Instead, he worked hard to make money, as a delivery guy, as a security guard, just like every wage earner who came to work in Ning City. Compared to now, what he did at XinHao Hotel last year seemed incredibly ridiculous and unreasonable.

What else is hidden regarding Christmas Eve last year that I still don't know?

Ji XiaoYu waited for a response from Cheng YuTang for a long time. He saw that his brow was furrowed and that he was wearing a complex look. His face was alternated between turning green and white for a while, so Ji XiaoYu couldn't help but worry that his kick had knocked his brain out. He quickly said, "Cheng Zong, are you hurt? I'll take you to the hospital right away!"

"No, I'm fine, I just need a breather." Cheng YuTang took a deep breath, barely managing stand up from the floor, and then sat down on the couch. He put aside his thoughts for a moment and tried to pretend that everything was all okay.

What a joke, if I went to the hospital in the middle of the night, how would I explain it?

'Yes, TangTang, the president of the HongSheng Group, wasn't able to please a little security guard from the company and so was injured internally by the man's kick'?