Chapter 53: "Cheep."

Awed, Ji XiaoYu said, "Jiang, you crow, are you making your crow descendants help find Liu WeiRen? This method is pretty good, why didn't you just use it earlier?"

Even a fool knew that tens of thousands of crows acting together had much higher efficiency than one man's pursuit.

"I said this is a big move, how can I use it easily? I don't have enough spiritual energy to do it every day." Jiang WuYa shot him an unsavory look, "And if this was discovered by humans, Laozi will be caught and turned into a living experiment."

So he says the same...... Ji XiaoYu lamented a little and, in this moment, a little empathy was born in his heart for this black crow.

"Now, let's wait for some news," Jiang WuYa said as he burrowed back into his SUV. He turned on the radio, leisurely listening to a passionate little late-night radio station.

Holding Ji XiaoYu's cold hands, Cheng YuTang said, "Baby, it's cold outside, let's get in the car to wait too."

Ji XiaoYu had no choice but to get in the car, but he couldn't sit still in the car and kept looking out the window. Cheng YuTang dragged him over and squeezed him into his arms and kissed the top of his head, "Don't worry, sleep for a while to keep your spirits up, I'll call you if there's news."

"No! What if I miss it because I fall asleep?"

Ji XiaoYu stubbornly widened his eyes, his head still facing the window though he basically couldn't see anything outside.

He was really sleepy right now, his upper and lower lids fighting to close, but thinking about the little white egg's situation, how could he dare to sleep?

Cheng YuTang didn't try to persuade him anymore, just holding him and gently humming "Chicken Run".

Ji XiaoYu was still stiff at first. After a moment, the man's familiar, pleasant scent and his low-pitched melodious voice, like a lullaby, made him feel reassured. His tense body gradually relaxed and he had closed his eyes before he knew it.

Who knew how much later but his body jerked from a bump and Ji XiaoYu suddenly woke up. He saw Cheng YuTang was driving quickly on a mountain road and ten meters ahead was Jiang WuYa's SUV.

At this time, the car's clock displayed just about 4:30am.

Because he had slept for more than an hour, Ji XiaoYu was suddenly nervous and he hurriedly asked, "Is there any news? Were Liu WeiRen's whereabouts found?"

While driving the speedy car, Cheng YuTang replied calmly, "Yes, a few crows just flew back. Jiang WuYa said that they found Liu WeiRen on the FengLai Ridge path north of the city. And, according to a message from Yang YiPeng, Han QingShi also drove in that direction half an hour ago."

Ji XiaoYu was taken aback, Liu WeiRen and Han QingShi? How can these two people who have no real life connections both happen to go to FengLai Ridge? Is it a coincidence or purposeful?

"You'll find out if you wait." Cheng YuTang had seen his confusion at a glance. "We're going to be there soon, sit tight."

Ji XiaoYu suddenly gasped and, a moment later, he whispered in surprise, "I sense it! I sense the presence of Xiao DengPao! It's less than ten kilometers ahead!"

Cheng YuTang got thrilled instantly. In a flash, he increased the speed of the car to its limit and, in the blink of an eye, passed Jiang WuYa's SUV, flying straight towards the ridge of FengLai Ridge like an arrow.

......

FengLai Ridge was a hilly area in the north of Ning City. The terrain was complex with deep and grassy forests; the environment was similar to Xiao Qing Shan. The scenery here was nice during the day and it was very natural. Many people from Ning City would come here for leisure and recreation on weekends, but at night, in the pitch black, no one would be here since they weren't able to see anything.