Chapter 8: The nickname "The Flower of Screw Street"

Wu YaoQiang still couldn't believe that Ji XiaoYu, who looked as delicate as an unmarried maiden, could have this kind of skill. It had to have been just an accident. He had to figure out a way to recover.

Wu YaoQiang checked his wrist. Fortunately, there was no problem with it. So he proposed, "Ji LaoDi, how about we arm wrestle?"

Ji LaoDi... Yes, he just inadvertently revealed his hand, but it had been effective. This was better than those previous messy nicknames. Ji XiaoYu gave a slight smile, "Oh, okay."

Then the two men sat down at the bedside table, each putting their right arm on the table. On one side, it was dark and strong and muscular; on the other hand, it is white and delicate, like a tender lotus root. The pose showed the sharp contrast between the two sides.

Wu YaoQiang took a look and hesitated, what if I break this kid's arm? At that time, not only will I be scolded to death by Old Li, there will also be the medical bills. If the medical expenses are too much and I get caught up with this kid forever, what should I do......?

"Qiang Zi Ge, please guide me." Ji XiaoYu was too impatient to wait, simply holding Wu YaoQiang's hand and, with a little push, forced his wrist down halfway.

Wu YaoQiang suddenly felt a strong force and he didn't dare to take it lightly right now. He violently exerted the strength in his arm, so that the muscle bulged and veins popped out, slamming his wrist back.

With Ji XiaoYu's strength, Wu YaoQiang's arm would fold as easy as a crisp cucumber. However, he didn't have a lot of enmity with Wu YaoQiang and, secondly, if his performance was too much, he might be considered a monster, so he held back his strength and pretended to be deadlocked with Wu YaoQing for over ten seconds. Then he pressed his wrist against the table.

Ji XiaoYu cupped his fist and said with modesty, "Qiang Zi Ge, you let me win."

Wu YaoQiang felt this loss in his heart, but was forced to believe even if he didn't want to, and, in his eyes, Ji XiaoYu suddenly took on a 180-degree change. "Ji LaoDi, how are you so strong? Are you specialized in some sort of QiGong martial arts or something?"

"Yeah, I've practiced my family's ancestral GongFu since I was a child," Ji XiaoYu nodded along and with an "hmph hmph ha hei" acted out the motions of punching and kicking. "Don't look at my skinniness; in my hometown, I roamed freely without a worthy adversary."

(Note: gongfu = kung fu, just using pinyin here)

"No wonder, I'll tell you what!" As this dawned upon Wu YaoQiang, his heart finally settled a bit. It wasn't that his own strength that was inferior, it was that the kid's origin was too much of an advantage.

Thinking about what he had done before, he couldn't help but be ashamed and frightened. He said hesitantly, "Ji LaoDi, that is, I didn't mean to embarrass you before, it was.......I was afraid that you'd squeeze me out of my position, that Uncle Li would fire me. After all, I didn't come to work for two months, so Uncle Li probably has bad thoughts about me. You didn't hear it from me, but my ma's condition has been stabilized temporarily, but there're still a lot of expenses for the follow-up treatment and nursing. I'm going to have to save more money, so I can't lose this job. That's why I deliberately messed with you. Don't be offended........"

"It's fine. In the future, don't embarrass your little brother anymore, Qiang Zi Ge." Ji XiaoYu didn't expect to hear such a thing; this big, savage man turned out to be a filial son. When he remembered the two fathers he never met, his heart ached a bit. His earlier anger faded away and he, in turn, comforted Wu YaoQiang, "Uncle Li wants to expand the size of the small restaurant right now so it's time to bring people on. Earlier, he boasted about you being a great hero; he definitely won't fire you. You can rest assured."