Ch. 33 - Horizon

Taehyung picked you up in the slightly beat-up Nissan Sentra you two had bought together many years ago. It was basic but served you well enough. Ushering him into the passenger seat, he reluctantly gave you the wheel. His apprehension was logical, you hadn't had much driving practice, but he couldn't say no to you. He'd trust you knew what you were doing even if it killed him. He never wanted to take your choices from you.

There was a bit of confusion when you drove your car to the nearest airport about thirty-five minutes out of town. He waited on his questionnaire till you pulled into the parking garage and turned the car off.

"So..." Turning in the passenger seat he unbuckled his seat belt and tried to face you. "... the fuck?" The thick silence between his words caused a sudden snort to travel up your nose in a harsh and sudden laugh. Even he let out a deep rumbling chuckle.

"I know." With that simple and crude question, you knew exactly what he meant. There were to many questions regarding the bizarre nature of where you had ended up that a single 'the fuck' summed up the situation well. "I was hoping you'd go with me..." Your words trailed off as you left the sentence unfinished.

You looked up to meet Taehyung's gaze seeing the next question of 'Where?' written in his earthy soil eyes. "There is something I want to look into. It's out of state and..." You were stalling. How were you supposed to put this toward you didn't sound like you had finally gone insane? "I think 'Kasey' used to live there. I just want to go have a look around..."

It wasn't that you feared judgment, you simply feared for your sanity. To you, this seemed sane. You had questioned, you wanted answers. That was natural. Or was it just you? Did 'normal' people not view the world as you do? Should you have let this all go and focused on moving forward? That seemed like the right answer too, just not the right answer for you.

"Are you sure about this?" Taehyung took only a few seconds to process what you had said before he broke his long silence. No judgment in his voice nor malice lingered. His only concern was your well beings. He didn't doubt your actions, he was checking on your mental wellbeing.

"Yes." Quickly you firmed your answer with a nod. You couldn't let this go, it had gone too far. You needed more answers, because to you - if you understood all you could about what was happening to you then it would stop. That you could finally move on after you knew. That desire was strong enough to drive your motivation. "Will you go with me?" Clicking the buckle of your seat belt you moved your right hand to the center console and held it palm up. "You know you can say no, right?" Reminding him he wasn't obligated to your actions. Just because you asked, that didn't mean you had to get what you wanted.

His large hand reached over the center console as he grabbed your hand. Twisting your wrist he brought the back of your knuckles to his lips and left a lingering kiss. The warmth of his lips on your skin radiated across your flesh in soft waves. The corner of your lips perking as you attempted to maintain your composure.

"Of course." His heart-shaped smile warmed your soul, those pearly whites flashing in the fluorescent light of the parking garage. A sparkle lighting up his chestnut eyes. With a deep breath, you lunged toward the center of the car and bridged the gap between your frames. Your lips crashing together quickly and a tilt of your head keeping the gesture.

What do you do to show your gratitude to such a wonderful person? He deserved nothing short of greatness, and though you couldn't see the worth in you that he did. You loved him that much more for his valent effort. True love was to feel truly loved.

The two of you left your car abandoned in the cold concrete structure and headed into the airport. With a quick few swipes of 'Mommy and Daddy's' credit card, the two of you had a set of first-class tickets to wherever your heart desired. Too bad you only had a weekend. Despite that, there was plenty of places that would have made a better weekend getaway than going to stalk the hometown of some girl you didn't know if you knew.

You were off the ground before the sun had completely set. The sky was cloudy on the horizon of the sunset. The impending storm hung at the edge of the sky. You were grateful that you left before the snowstorm, maybe it would save Taehyung the added stress the snow brought him. You didn't want to admire the sunset long, worrying that Taehyung may see the dark clouds in the distance and start to worry. Reaching over you shut the plane's window blinds and looked to your right where Taehyung sat.

He was in a casual pair of tan slacks with a baggy white color shirt accompanied by a beige and gold vest. His brunette locks half-tucked into a barret. Taehyung had a rotating style, deciding on the theme of his clothes in the spur of the moment. At times he enjoyed the baggy comfort that classic clothing possed. A cottage in the pine forest and a man who likes to read - type vibe. It had charm.

Reaching out you placed your palm over his knuckles and wrapped your fingers around his hand. Giving it an affirming squeeze you smiled over at him without a word. Despite the mystery and uncertainty this trip held, it was an adventure. A future memory for yourself about the time you spontaneously went out of state with Taehyung for some dumb reason. Ate weird food at a local dinner. Bought something odd from a touristy shop. Stay up late in a hotel just watching old t.v channels into the a.m.

No matter what you found out or what it was you were to learn. You were certain that your time was better spent with him by your side. His exitance made your life easier to deal with. He made every little thing better, a miracle that he didn't even know he possessed.

Timeless Snow ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें