Back To Hogwarts

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

Back To Hogwarts-

Maddie's pov

"It's rather funny, isn't it. How fast time is, I mean, I felt like it was only yesterday that I was starting Fifth year with these two maniacs." I said gleefully whilst putting my arm around Fred and George.

"It really touches our hearts-" George started.

"That you think so highly of us!" Fred finished. Hermione, Ron and Harry let out a couple of laughs before leaving the compartment to go find Neville.

"So Lee, how's your summer?" I asked Lee, who was eyeing me suspiciously. "It was great actually, Madeline." He replied.

"Eww.. Don't call me Madeline, it makes me feel old." I retorted. George, who was sitting next to me, raised an eyebrow.

"Madeline." He whispered.

"George!" I hissed. He started laughing and wiped a tear away.

"See, this is why I'm dating Fred, George, because unlike you he's matur-" I was cut short when I looked up at Fred and saw him trying to suppress his laughter. "Fred!" I cried, folding my arms.

"Sorry beautiful." He whispered while caressing my cheek. I gave him a nod before turning back to the window, and watched the countryside fly by.

***********************

"We would also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge." Dubledore announced. I looked at the end of the Head table to see a rather plump, toad looking lady sitting next to a very displeased Snape. Whispers filled the Great Hall as I looked at Harry, who was glaring at her.

Dumbledore said a few things before the toad stood up and interrupted him. "Thank you Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely, to see you bright, happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we are all going to be very, good, friends." Without giving thought, I muttered "That's likely." The same time Fred and George did. I looked at both of them and smiled. I intertwined my fingers with Fred's before returning to look at Umbridge. "The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young Witches or Wizards to be a vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve, what must be preserved. Perfect, what can be perfected. And prune practices that ought to be, prohibited."

"And with that note, let's begin!" Food appeared at the tables and everyone dug in. I looked at the food and had second thoughts about eating.

"Well boys, looks like I'm going to turn in early." I stated. I gave George and Fred a hug before trudging out of the Great Hall. I walked up seven flights of stairs before standing in front of the portrait.

"Password?" The Fat Lady asked.

"Oh I don't know. Please let me in."

"Maddie, I'm sorry, but you must have the password to be let in." She retorted. I leaned against the stone wall next to the portrait and slid down to the ground. I put my head on my knees and let out a sigh. After about ten minutes of not moving, I heard heels click against the stone corridor. I looked up to see a pink person making there way towards me.

I let out a groan and stood up. Professor Umbridge stood in front of me, eyeing me up. "Hello darling, what's your name?" She asked in an annoyingly high voice.

"Madeline." I stated. I brushed my long brown curls out of my face so I could see her better.

"Madeline what?" She asked.

"Madeline Potter." I said forcefully. I was not happy about this women. For some strange reason, I had a very strong disliking towards her.

"Ahh. Another Potter." She spat.

"I'm sorry Professor, but is there something you're trying to tell me?" I asked angrily. My blood was beginning to boil and my heart was beating faster. In my Gryffindor robes, I held my wand tightly.

"Oh no, it's nothing, it's just your brother seems to have a rather wrong viewing of what's out there." She replied briskly.

"The wrong viewing of what's out there? Voldemort is out there you toad! And unless you want to end up dead like Cedric, you should actually be working to fight against him!"

"Students will not raise there voices at a Professor."

"Stupid pink toad!" I muttered.

"Detention Miss Potter. Tomorrow night, my office." She said in a raised voice. I let out a groan before turning to the Fat Lady.

"Let me in." I growled. She swung open her portrait and I sat in the common room. About half an hour later, Fred and George stumbled in, laughing their arses off. They had one look at me before they sprinted towards me, sitting on either side of me.

"What's wrong?" Fred asked, swinging his arm around my shoulder.

"Nothing. Just say something that will keep my mind off of things." I sighed.

"Well you know how Harry won the Triwizard Tournament last year?" George asked. I nodded. "Well he gave us his winnings an we're going to start up a joke shop!"

"Really? That's great!" I said, truly happy for them.

"You're going to help run the shop with us, right?" George asked.

"Well, I don't know.." I said uncertainly.

"Please! Please! Pleeeasssee!" They begged together.

"Fine! Fine!" I gave in. They high fived each other and we continued talking. "You know, I have detention tomorrow.." I muttered.

"Maddie, how in the world did you manage to get detention on the first day of school?" Hermione asked, walking in through the portrait.

"Well, I sort of told off Umbridge and called her a stupid pink toad to her face." I said nonchalantly.

"You didn't!" Hermione asked, surprised.

"I did." Fred and George started applauding and bowing at me.

"This is why I love you." Fred whispered before kissing me. My hands snaked around his neck and he pulled me closer.

George moved to his younger brother, Ron, and whispered to him. "It's really cute how they're together. When are you gonna get a girl?"

I smiled into the kissed and then looked at Ron. His ears were pink and he was glancing at Hermione. I raised and eyebrow at him before returning to kiss Fred.

"Fred, how long have we been together, 3 years?"

"Just about." He smiled. I traced over the ring that he gave me just before the second task last year. He noticed me and grabbed my hand. "Don't worry, it'll be soon." He smiled and winked at me before running off with George.

"What was he talking about?" Hermione asked. I showed her the promise ring and a light bulb went off in her head.

"Aww! How cute!" She squeaked.

"Shh! Don't tell anyone yet!" I hissed. She nodded her head before returning to he book she was reading so intently.

This was going to be a long year..

*********************************

Three votes pleasee!

<3 Wren