Maddie's Funeral

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

Maddie's Funeral

Fred's Pov

I saw Maddie run away from me towards Sirius. She was in her wolf form when she transformed back, reaching for something.

"Avada Kedavra!" Bellatrix shrieked. Maddie's hand touched the green curse and it engulfed her body. She hit the stone archway before falling to the ground, staring up at the ceiling, unblinking. Everything seemed to move in slow motion Harry screamed out and Lupin held him back.

I tried to run towards her but Kingsley held me back. "NOO! No! Noo!" I shouted. I let myself crumple to the floor as tears spilt over. The death eaters apparated out of the chamber and all was left was The Order.

"We have to move the body." Kinglsey whispered.

"I'll do it." Tonks whispered. I looked up to see Tonks carefully scooping up Maddie's lifeless body, and exited the Chamber.

"Noo.. No.. No..." I repeated over and over. The strong hands of Lupin and Kingsley lifted me up, and I felt apparation take over. When we landed, I realized we were in the Burrow, Mum standing rather alarmed. I looked at her and ran to her, flinging my arms around her and crying like I was a five year old. "We lost her. We lost Maddie.." I moaned. Her grip on me tightened and I felt tears of her own fall onto my head.

She's gone. I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye. Her last words she spoke to me echoed in my head. "Fred Weasley, I'm still part of the Order! I would never betray you like you did to me!"

I would never betray you like you did to me.

Like you did to me..

"It's my fault." I whispered. My mum hugged me tighter.

"It's not your fault. It's not your fault sweetie." Her voice cracked.

"We were supposed to get married! I was going to propose to her! We were supposed to live happily ever after!" I sobbed angrily.

"Fred.. please... it's hard for all of us. Think about Sirius and Harry. They were as close to her as you were. She was practically a Weasley." She whispered. I felt her shaking when a fresh wave of tears hit me.

"I want to bury her by the river." I whispered. "We had great times over there."

"Ok Fred, we'll bury her there."

****************************************

Today was the funeral. The day I have to say goodbye. Maddie's family from America stayed at our house for a couple days before the funeral. The funeral was being held outside the Burrow. I looked out my window and saw two people that worked for the morgue placing the closed casket upon a stand, and open it. I closed my eyes before they opened it and turned around. I put on my suit and cream colored tie and walked downstairs and stood next to George, who was wearing the same thing as me.

"George. I'm not ready, I can't see her yet." I whispered.

"I'm not ready either, but do it for her. Just imagine her, looking down from heaven laughing at us." He chuckled. I let out a laugh and then it turned to a frown as I saw people taking their seats. Silently, we walked out and took our seats in the front row. Ginny and Hermione were already crying and Harry was trying to hold back the tears, but some escaped.

We had a service for her and towards the end, people went up and gave a speech for her. Sirius, (who was cleared almost immediately after the battle of the department of mysteries) was first. "I remember the first time I met Maddie, I was err.. still an escaped convict. I sort of interrupted her date with Fred Weasley and we umm 'hung out.'" Sirius gave me a look and grinned.

"Maddie was such a nice, young lady. Her father, James, told me to look after her and Harry, and right now, I've failed to do so. So if you could hear me James, I'm sorry. But enough sadness, we're here to celebrate her life, right? I remember last summer, she came to my home and I was relieved to see her. Maddie was a hard working girl, who lived her life to the fullest. I owe her my life." He turned to the casket and frowned. "Rest it Peace Maddie." We applauded and the Harry went up.

"I was in my third year when I met Maddie. She was instantly popular, I mean who ever heard of a witch starting Hogwarts at age 15? Anyway, a couple weeks in, she told me she was my half-sister. She had a really big impact on my life, because she was my only living relative. I've never had a family, well other than the Weasleys, but Maddie was it. She was my family. I cared for her so much, as she did with me. Of course I'll miss Maddie, but she's the person that keeps me going. She's my motivation." Harry stopped to wipe a tear that rolled down his cheek.

"I think my favorite memory of Maddie was when her and I casted our patronuses together. Her wolf and my stag. In that moment, I've never been so happy." Harry took out his wand and whispered, "Expecto Patronum." A silver stag emerged from his wand and it made it's way to the front of Maddie's casket. The stag bowed his head and disappeared. We all applauded and then I stood up.

I made my way to the podium and looked at the audience. There wasn't a dry eye. "Hello everybody. Err I'm Fred Weasley. Umm Maddie, where should I start. I remember meeting Maddie for the first time. Dad told us that a witch was going to be staying with us, and in the moment, I didn't know that witch would become George and I's best friend. Over our time at Hogwarts.. we grew close. Maddie and I started dating Fifth year. We were inseparable. Over the years, our love just grew stronger." Warm tears rolled down my cheeks and I sniffled.

"A couple months ago, there was an incident. And before I could propose to her, I lost her. And I regret not trying to get her back. Maddie, where ever you are, I j-just wanted y-y-you to know that I-I l-love you." I trembled. I looked over to her casket and all most broke down. "George." I whispered. George stood up and helped me back into my seat. Other people made speeches, but I just stared at the casket.

A ministry official stood up and made an announcement. "If we can have friends, family, and immediate family pay there respects in that order, then we will move to the burial." People I've never met went up first followed by Maddie's adoptive family and Mum, Dad, Ginny, George, Ron, Hermione and The Order. Finally I got up with Harry, and Sirius. For the first time, I actually looked at her.

Her brown, softly curled hair rested on both sides of her shoulders. On the top of her head, was a white headband, holding back her bangs. Her face was pale, but sparkling with make-up. Her shoulders were bare, because she was wearing a white strapless dress. The white dress had a black bow that went around her waist. Her hands were neatly folded, clutching her wand. And finally on her right hand was my promise ring. "I love you so much Maddie." I whispered before clutching onto Harry, who was silently crying. The morgue workers closed her casket and with magic, levitated it.

We all walked in silence to the grave by the river, the morgue workers leading the way with the casket. At the grave, the casket hovered over the sixth foott deep hole. "Although you may be gone, Maddie, your spirit lives on, and so with respect, we lay you to rest, on this day of June. May you rest in paradise." Someone said. We all threw roses in as two shovels magically began shoveling dirt into the grave.

Dad stood up an made an announcement. "We will be having a reception at the Burrow, please feel free to make your way back whenever." People left immediately, but I stood there, looking into the grave. Soon I was the only one left.

"Maddie. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to break your heart. I was under a curse. You are the only lady I will ever love. Please, forgive me." I fell to my knees, breaking down. Someone grabbed my shoulder and hoisted me up. I looked into the sincere eyes of Lupin as he guided me to the Burrow. I walked straight up into my room and grabbed the only thing I had left of Maddie, the Hogwarts crest necklace George and I gave her. I held it to my chest as I laid on my bed, crying.

*********************

Can i get some feedback?

Two votes maybe?

<3Wren