Let's Try To Be Happy

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

Let's Try To Be Happy-

Maddie's pov

"Happy Birthday boys." I said happily. Toby and Bella were in two high chairs across from me while Fred and George sat on either side of them.

"Thanks!" They said together. Mrs. Weasley put out plates of eggs and toast on the table and the boys happily dug in. I wasn't so quick on eating breakfast, cause I felt rather ill. My body ached, I had horrible stomach cramps, and places where I had scars, like my forearm, my shoulder and neck, and the back of my right hand, tinged with pain.

"I managed to make a present for you both last night. Let me go get it." They both nodded, their mouths full of food. I gave them a weak smile before retreating upstairs. I quickly grabbed the two boxes, and raced downstairs. "Merry Christ- I mean, happy birthday." I said sheepishly. They both grinned at me and grabbed the boxes.

"Ready Fred?" George said.

"Ready George!" Fred replied. I rolled my eyes but smiled. They tore open their presents and their faces lit up.

"Wow! This is so cool!" They said together. They both pulled out a leather bracelet, Fred with his name engraved in it and the same with George. Next to their names was a heart.

"The heart changes color when one of us is in need of the other." I said. I pulled up my sleeve and showed them my own personalized bracelet. "I hope you like them."

"We love them." They replied. I gave them a smile before politely excusing myself to the couch. I flopped down on it and stared at the fire. Its flames lapped at the fireplace walls. Fred joined me a few minutes later, with Toby and Arabella.

"Something wrong?" He asked soothingly while placing Toby on my lap. I rubbed Toby's head and locked eyes with him.

"I'm just tired. Must be the full moon tonight." I lied. I actually had no idea what was wrong.

"Maddie-" Fred started.

"Fred, leave it. Today's your birthday, go have fun with your brother. With all the stuff that's going on, you two deserve to have some fun. You could go play some quidditch within the enchantments." I looked at Ginny who came bounding down the stairs. "Me and Gin can watch the twins."

"Maddie-" Fred started again.

"Fred." I growled. His eyes widened and he placed Bella on my lap. He gave me a kiss on the forehead before running off and calling George's name. Ginny sat on the chair opposite of me and picked up Toby.

"I know you won't tell Fred what's wrong, but at least tell me." She pleaded.

*******************************

"WHERE IS SHE?" A familiar voice screamed. It was around mid-April, and really early in the morning. Fred was in the shower and I was just waking up, pulling on some sweats. Fred walked in with a terrified look on his face and a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Tonks is here.. and she's pissed." Fred mumbled.

"Why?"

"I SWEAR TO GOD WHEN I SEE HER- NO REMUS! I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!" Tonks screamed. With wand in my hand I descended the stairs to see a red haired Tonks and and red-faced Lupin.

"Er.. Hello.." I squeaked. Tonk's turned to me and her eyes turned red. Metamorphagus, right, forgot.

"You.. complete ARSE!" She screamed while marching over to me. I backed up and cowered by the wall.

"I.. I- What did I do?" I stuttered.

"You've been lying to us!" She hissed. She took out her wand and casted a non-verbal spell. The next thing I know I was being yanked into the air by my left ankle.

"Hey! Put me down!" I shouted. I looked to Lupin and shot him daggers.

"Nymphadora-" He started.

"Tonks! Please put me down!" I sighed. My wand was only a couple feet from me, yet out of reach. "I don't even know what you're talking about!"

"Hey what's going on?" Fred asked, walking casually down the stairs.

"She's mad! That's what's going on!" I sighed.

"You've been helping the dark lord!" Tonks shrieked. All heads turned to me and stared. "My father is dead because of you!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" I shouted. Tonks stormed over to me and pulled down my jean leg, revealing the skull and bones the he marked me with. "Oh that? I don't really know what that is, he just sort of marked me with it." I confessed. My head started pounding as the blood went to my head.

"They are tracking you! The other day, when you visited me and little Teddy, they found out where we live! My father is dead because of you!" Tonks screamed.

"WELL HOW WAS I SUPPOSE TO KNOW?" I shouted, thoroughly annoyed. With one final reach, my wand was in my hand. "Liberacorpus." I muttered. I fell to the floor with a thud and looked at the people around me, staring. "Is there anyway to get it off?" I whispered.

Lupin kneeled down and examined my ankle. Tonks glared at me with anger and I stared at the ground guilty. Was it really my fault? How many other people will get hurt because of me?

Lupin got up and sighed, taking out his wand. "Maddie- I'm sorry." He sighed.

"What? What is it you know?" I asked, picking up Toby, who was at my feet.

"There is only one way to get the mark off. Being taught in Defense Against the Dark Arts, I would know."

"Tell meeee." I whined.

"The Cruciatus Curse." He mumble. My body froze and I nearly dropped my baby. I swallowed a lump in my throat and set Toby on the ground again.

"There is no way in hell I'm letting you do that!" Fred growled.

"I-I have too." I whispered.

"No you don't!" Fred exclaimed.

"Fred! Shut it and put the twins upstairs!" I growled. "I'm not letting anyone get hurt anymore!" Fred cowered back, and then nodded. George came scrambling down the stairs, along with Mrs. Weasley. "Everyone out, unless you're Lupin, Tonks, or Mrs. Weasley." I whispered.

Fred began to protest, but I glared at him. "Maddie- Please don't make me leave." He whispered. sorrow in his eyes.

"I don't want you to see this. Please." I replied, tears stinging my eyes. He nodded and left the room. I turned to Lupin and he raised his wand.

"Before I do this, I need to tell you that I don't know how long it'll take. But it has to be done in one go." He said. I nodded and knelled down and rolled up my pant leg. He gave me a nod before saying the one cursed word.

"Crucio."

***********************

I'm sad to say that there is less than 5 chapters left. And in the following chapters.. something rather horrid happens..

After uploading said chapter you have permission to kill me! ^-^

<3 Wren