The Battle Has Begun

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

The Battle Has Begun-

MADDIE'S POV

"Fred. I'm scared." I trembled. We were running to Hogwarts, and were approaching the entrance. Fred gripped onto my left hand while I clutched my wand in the other.

"Believe me, I'm terrified as well." He whispered. We followed Kingsley down the deserted corridors where we approached the Great Hall. There was a bunch of whispering until we heard one lone boy speak.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem headmaster." At that moment, we entered the Great Hall, wands raised. There was a loud gasp as we took our spot behind Harry. "I'm afraid it's quite extensive." Harry finished.

"How dare you stand where he stood. TELL THEM HOW IT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT!" He yelled. "TELL THEM HOW YOU LOOKED HIM IN THE EYE, A MAN WHO TRUSTED YOU, AND KILLED HIM! TELL THEM!" Harry said, full of rage.

Only then Snape whipped out his wand and pointed it at Harry. The crowd of students parted as McGonagall stepped in front of Harry. "Hey Fred.. whose the person behind us?" I whispered. He slowly turned his head and smiled.

"That's Percy, must've switched sides. Good to have you back mate." Fred said, whilst patting him on the back. Tension was high as the two professors started to duel. McGonagall repeatedly shot spells at Snape, who in a flash was gone.

"Coward!" McGanagall shouted. Cheers erupted from the students as the Great Hall filled with light. Fred gave me a tight squeeze and my eyes scanned the sea of students. My eyes landed on Harry before he fell to the floor. "Potter..?" McGonagall inquired.

To the left of the Great Hall, a young girl started screaming. It echoed off the walls and scared the living day light out of me. Harry walked over to her as she continued to scream. That's when I hear him. I let out a ear-piercing scream and fell to the floor. Voldemort was in my head, whispering and hissing. Harry walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I stopped screaming immediately and listened.

"I know that many of you had wanted to fight. Some of you thought that fighting was wise. This is a folly. Give me Harry Potter and I will leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour." Voldemort's disembodied voice hissed.

I guess you could call it awkward silence, but nonetheless, silence filled the Great Hall. That is, until Pansy Parkinson broke it. "What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" She snickered. Fred helped me off the ground and I stood by Harry. Other members of the Order joined in and Harry smiled proudly.

"Students out of bed! Students in the corridors!" A new voice shouted. Argus Filch.

"They are supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot! But as it happens Mr. Filch, you arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you to please escort Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house out of the hall." She snapped.

"Exactly where is it, I'll be leading them to?"

"The dungeons will do." She replied. The Great Hall erupted in cheers and McGonagall went to talk to Harry. Before I could even get a word in Harry sped off out of the Great Hall. "ANY STUDENTS UNDERAGE WILL LEAVE THE CASTLE AND GO TO HOGSMEADE, THOSE WHO ARE OF AGE THAT WISH TO STAY, MAY. HURRY NOW! GO!" McGonagall shouted. Students went running and I held on to Fred and George.

"Fred, George and Maddie, you are to go the Astronomy tower and say these protective spells." McGonagall ordered before shoving a piece of paper in my hand. Protego Maxima, Fianto Duri, Repello Inimigotum. I grabbed the twin's hands and dragged them to the Astronomy Tower. Students were rushing up and down the Grand Staircase, pushing and shoving.