Split Between Two Different Worlds

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

Split Between Two Different Worlds-

Maddie's pov

"Ahh, Miss Mason, I was wondering when you would arrive. Now let's see. Tough decisions, very tough indeed. You're brave, just like your father."  My father? As in my real father? "But your mother, you contain many of her magical abilities. You would thrive in Slytherin, and accomplish great things! Shrewd and ambitious. Slytherin maybe? Ahh but wait- you're very daring, and you've got some nerve, like a true Gryffindor. Now shall it be Slytherin or Gryffindor.." Who was my mother? She was in Slytherin? "Hmm.. Better be- Gryffindor!" The sorting hat shouted.

I let out my breath once more as relief washed over me. Applause filled the Great Hall as I picked myself up and strode over to the Gryffindor table. I was met by an unexpected hug by Fred and, once again, a smirking George.

"Congrats Maddie!" I heard Harry, Ron and Hermione shout from down the table.

Although I was happy with my newly found house, my mind still lingered on one question. Who were my parents?

"Earth to Maddie! If you haven't noticed, the feast is over, and you should go visit Dumbledore." George said.

I awkwardly stood up and walked with them to the doorway, and realized I didn't know where Dumbledore's office. "Hey Freddie, can you take me to Dumbledore's office? I umm.. don't know where it is.." I said kinda awkwardly. I was really hoping he would say yes, because honestly, I liked him. Fred's face lit up and he nodded quickly. George on the other hand, was STILL smirking.

"Bugger off George! Come on Fred!" I yelled happily while grabbing Fred's hand. We walked down the corridor and soon it was so quiet that we only heard the echoing of our own footsteps. "Thanks for taking me Freddie, I really need someone to show me around." I said sheepishly. Fred smiled and put his arm around my shoulder, which only made me feel happiness.

"No problem Maddie. Ah, here we are. Sherbert Lemon." The gargoyle like statue that we approached soon began to spin and a spiral staircase emerged. Fred grabbed my hand and lead the way to Dumbledore's office. As we reached the door, it automatically swung open , and at the center of the room, stood Professor Dumbledore.

"Miss Mason, Mr. Weasley. I'm glad you two decided to come, have a seat." He nodded to the chairs and we quickly took our seats.

"Miss Mason, I was wondering, if you knew any magic yet." I nodded silently, still intimidated and yet intrested in Proffesor Dumbledore. "Please, if you could show me."

I grabbed my wand from my pocket and looked aroud. I've never actually casted a spell, I just recited them. In fact, I memorized 'The Standard book of Spells Grades 1-4.' I stood up and faced Dumbledore and recited: "Lumos." The tip of my wand began to glow and I realized I casted it correctly! 

"Very good. Do you know the Disarming Charm?" Easy! I looked at Fred, who was standing up and pointing his wand at me.

"Expelliarmus!" I shouted. And at the tip of my wand, grew green vines, that snatched Fred's wand and brought it to me. There was something wrong, because the Disarming Charm had no distinct color or glow, unless said by a powerful wizard.

"Intresting." Dumbledore's raspy voice said, interupting my thoughts. "Do you know the summoning charm?" I nodded silently. "Ok, summon this book from my hands."

I took a deep breath and concentrated on the book. "Accio book!" I said clearly. Water began to sprout from my wand and it whisked away the book from Dumbledore and brought it to me. "Proffesor, I think I'm doing it wrong."

"You're doing everything right, I just don't understand. Is there anyway you could perform a Patronus charm for me?" A Patronus! I don't even think Fred and George know how to perform that yet!

"What is the incantation?" I asked shakily.

"Expecto Patronum. And while you're casting, think about the happiest time of your life and concentrate hard on it." Expecto Patronum. That should be easy. Now for a happy thought.. I looked over at Fred, who was smiling at me and giving me a wave.

I breathed in deeply, and concentrated on my memory. "Expecto Patronum!" I said clearly. From the tip of my wand, blue flames shot out, and formed an animal. On the ground, was a fiery wolf, pawing at Fred's foot. I started to smile and looked at Dumbledore, who was wide-eyed. The wolf dissapeared in seconds, and I looked at the Headmaster. "Sir, shouldn't a patronus be made of warm energy? Why was mine made of fire?"

"It's as we thought. Madeline, you're no ordinary witch. You're a particularum pythonissam. Or a witch that bends the elements with their magic. " I looked at Fred, who had the same expression as me.

*******************************

Another Chapter done! I really hope you do like it!

Questions? Comments? Vote!

<3 Wren