From Two Different Worlds

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

From Two Different Worlds-

Maddie's pov

The sunlight was sparkling off of the lake's surface and created a shimmering effect. I was sitting in the bow of the boat, waiting to hear the engine roar to life. "In gear!" My older sister, Jaime, shouted from the water.

The boat slowly jerked forward and glided on the water.

"Hit it!" Jaime shouted.

The boat roared and sped across the water. Jaime easily got up onto the skies and was easily riding the wake. I was looking forward, the wind blowing my brown hair into different directions. I heard my dad and mom shouting happily at Jaime, praising her. My thoughts were elsewhere. I looked towards the mountains that created a barrier around the lake, and saw a brown and white owl.

"Dad! Is that a barn owl?" I shouted over the engine. He looked towards the owl and nodded. The poor owl looked as though it was going to collapse. "Stop the boat!" I shouted. "Why? Jaime's doing amazing!" My mom shouted.

I stood up, standing on my seat. The owl was really close to me now, and was starting to lose altitude. "Madeline Mason! Sit down this instant!" My mother shouted.

I ignored her and dove off the boat into the murky green water. The temperature of the water made me wince at first, but I slowly got used to it. When I reached the surface, the owl was hovering above me, looking for a place to land. I patted my shoulder, hoping it would understand. The owl landed on my shoulder, and dropped an envelope onto the water's surface. I snatched it, and slowly swam to shore. By the time I reached shore, the owl was sitting on the top of my head.

"Madeline! Are you nuts! You could have died!" My father shouted, from the boat.

"Oh I'm fine, aren't I!?" I shouted back. The owl resting on my head hooted again and climbed onto the shore. "You're such a pretty owl! What are you doing here in California?" I said, while petting the friendly owl.

I guess I better explain my story. My name is Madeline Mason, 15 years old. I live in California with my Mom, Dad, and older sister Jaime. I look absolutely nothing like them, and I have a British accent, which gives me the idea I was adopted. My life's been pretty normal, with the exception that I'm petting a strange owl right now.

As I watched my parents bring in the boat, the owl bit me on the back of my hand. "OUCH! Bad Birdie!" I shouted while rubbing my hand. I examined my hand, and only saw the ugly lighting scar that was engraved into my skin. While I was preoccupied rubbing my hand, the owl picked up the envelope again and dropped it on my lap.

"Do you want me to read this birdie?" I asked kindly. The owl hooted back happily. "You're such an arse Maddie! I was doing so well!" Jaime shouted from the boat.

I rolled my eyes and carefully opened the envelope that rested on my lap. In fancy calligraphy, was a letter addressed to me, inviting me to enroll at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. "Birdie, is this some kind of joke? There's no such thing as magi-" I was mid-sentence when I heard a pop. "No such thing as magic, eh?" A man's voice spoke from behind me. I think the thing that scared me the most was that he had a British accent.

I jumped up and turned to face the man. He had ginger hair, was dressed in funny looking clothes, had a funny looking nose and was holding some sort of stick in his right hand. "Dad!" I shouted while slowly back towards the waters edge. "OI! Get away from my daughter!" I heard splashing and arms soon go around me.

"Ah, Mr. Mason, I was worried you wouldn't remember me. My name is Arthur Weasley, and I work at the Ministry of Magic. I have come to escort Miss - Err Mason back to Britain." My dad studied 'Mr. Weasley', and nodded.

"I was afraid this day would come." He whispered. He turned me around and looked me straight into the eyes. "Madeline, My dearest Maddie. Please never forget us. It's time you go back home. Back to Britain. Please listen to Mr. Weasley. He'll explain everything on the way." Tears were forming in his eyes and he hugged me tightly. "Dad- What do you mean? Where am I going?" I replied, tears forming in my eyes.

"Linda! Jaime! Say good-bye to Maddie!" He said to my mom and sister. They rushed from the boat and engulfed me in a hug. "Where am I going? Why can't you come with me?" I sputtered. "We can't say anything, but we'll send an owl. In a couple of weeks." My mom said somberly. With tears still rolling down my cheeks, my dad ushered me towards Mr. Weasley. He stuck out his arm and nodded towards my parents.

"Miss Mason, if you would grab my arm please."

"Where are we going? And can I bring Birdie?" I asked.

"Birdie? Oh you mean Amare? Go right ahead, but she doesn't do we'll with strangers. "

I bent down and offered an arm to Amare, and she happily climbed on to it. Mr. Weasley grinned and held his arm out once more. I looked at my 'parents' and took his arm. I immediately felt like I was being squeezed and twisted through a hole. As quickly as it happened, it stopped, and I tumbled to the ground, clutching my stomach.

"You did we'll seeing as it was your first time disaparating." Mr. Weasley spoke out.

I opened my eyes and was surrounded by a bunch of people. I quickly stood up and retreated into a corner. I looked around the room and saw it was someone's nifty little living room. To the left was a staircase and to the right was a long table and a kitchen.

"Welcome to The Burrow." Mr. Weasley said proudly.

*******************************************

Questions? Comments?

Should I continue with the book?

Vote maybe?

C