Detention With The Toad

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

Detention With The Toad-

Maddie's pov

It's bad enough that I have detention with Umbridge tonight, but now I have to deal with her in D.A.D.A. "No wands today, just take out your quills."

"We're not using magic?" I blurted. Fred elbowed me in the side and I gave him a glare.

"Miss Potter. Students will raise there hand in my class."

I raised my hand and before she could say anything, I started talking again. "I thought Defense Against the Dark Arts was supposed to be preparing us with defensive spells and what not."

"Why would you need to learn spells? You're very well protected."

"Protected? Lord Voldemort is out there and you call us protected!" I retorted.

"Those. Are. Lies." She said through clenched teeth.

"I was almost killed because of him!" I said angrily.

"ENOUGH! Your detention will be extended an hour because of your behaviour. Now please copy the approved text."

Instead of 'copying the approved text,' I stood up, grabbed my bag, swung it over my shoulder and stomped towards the door. The door closed abruptly and I turned to Umbridge, who had closed the door in the first place. I took out my want and pointed it at the door.

"Alohamora." The door didn't budge. I looked at Umbridge who had a smile on her face. Everyone was staring and I turned to the door again. "Sit down Miss Potter." Umbridge's high voice said. I pointed my wand at the door and said "Bombarda Maxima!" The door blew up into pieces and I stomped out, my blood boiling.

**********************************

"That was a very rude thing to do Miss Potter." Umbridge hissed.

"Whatever." I muttered.

Umbridge glared angrily at me and I returned the glare with one of my own. "Miss Potter, you will be writing lines for me today." I started taking out a quill, but she stopped me. "I have a .. special quill for you to use." She handed me a quill with a sharp point and a piece of parchment. "You will write, 'I will not tell lies.' Yes, just like your brother."

"You haven't given me any ink."

"You won't need any ink." She gave me a devilish smile before I started writing. I must not tell lies. I must not tell lies. I must not tell lie-

All of a sudden, my left hand starting to burn with pain. In my little handwriting, I must not tell lies, was engraved into my hand. But it healed over quickly, leaving it smooth. When I pressed the quill back on the parchment, the cut reopened and it felt as though a scalpel was cutting through my skin. But it healed again. And that's how it went for over two hours. After the first hour I got used to the pain and just glared at Umbridge. She obviously knew her method wasn't working, because I wasn't feeling any pain.

"Time's up Miss Potter. I hope you learned your lesson."

"Oh yea, I sure did Professor. Thank you so much for teaching me a lesson." I said menacingly.

"Go to your dormitory." I grabbed my bag and started to walk back to the dorm. Halfway to Gryffindor  tower, I started to feel dizzy. It was already past curfew, so if I passed out, no one would notice me.

"Shit. Stay awake Maddie." I mumbled to myself. I looked at my left hand, and through blurred vision, I saw it bleeding profusely. I somehow made it to the Fat Lady and she saw the blood on me. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia." I mumbled. She swung open and as I was going in, I tripped and fell to the ground, my head spinning.