Second Task

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

Second Task-

Maddie's Pov

"Maddie! Maddie! Wake up! We need to get to Dumbledore's office!" Hermione said, shaking me awake.

"Hermione? What time is it?" I said groggily. I looked out the window, and it was still dark out. It was now February, and tomorrow was the Second task, so I'd like to get some sleep.

"Maybe 11, but get your robes on. Hurry up Madeline!" I rolled my eyes and put my uniform on. After being stubborn, I walked to Dumbledore's office with Hermione, where I was greet by Cho Chang and Gabrielle Delacour.

"You called for us, headmaster?" I said politely. Dumbledore gave a warming smile, before taking out his wand.

"Ahh yes, Miss Potter. It has come to my attention that you, Miss Granger, Miss Delacour and Miss Chang all are important to the 4 Triwizard champions, and so you will be what they must recover tomorrow." He said, slowly raising his wand. I grabbed Hermione's hand and looked at Dumbledore.

"Are you crazy! They must recover us from the bottom of the Black Lake!" I replied worriedly.

Professor McGonagall glanced at Dumbledore, who nodded. Quicker than I thought he could move, he waved his wand and I fell into a deep slumber.

 ******************

In reality, it felt like I was floating. Everything was dark, yet, comforting. But being me, I spoke to soon.

Open your eyes Madeline.

Her voice echoed in my head, I screamed, but nothing came out.

Open them... Open them..

Leave me alone Bellatrix! I never did anything to you! I screamed in my head. Bellatrix, or mum, has been haunting me since December.

I will leave when you open your eyes child!

As quickly as possible, my eyes flew open. But instead of being greeted by the knick-knacks of Dumbledore's office, I was greeted by the murky green floor of the Black Lake. I let out a scream and I saw bubbles rising to the surface. I inhaled water and I started choking.

"HARRY!" I shrieked, though I doubt he could hear me. Panicking, my eyes began to close.

Absorb the water, you could do it sweetie. A kind voice said clearly in my head. Even in my sleep, I would know who it was. James.

Put your hand out and absorb the water.

Starting to lose consciousness, I slowly lifted my hand. At the tips of my hand, little white orbs appeared from the water and went into my hand. I lifted my other hand and white orbs were absorbed. It looked as though sparkles were being sucked into my hand. A smile appeared on my face and I realized I was breathing again. I blinked a couple times before noticing I was in a big air bubble, my hands on the outside of it as it kept absorbing water.

"Thanks Dad." I whispered.

Taking a look at the scenery, I realized, Hermione, Cho, and Gabrielle were all next to me, unconscious and tied to a sunken statue. My ankle was tied to the statue as well, but I was standing on the squishy lake floor.

"Harry! Harry!" I called out, about 10 minutes later. My arms were burning, but I managed to keep them up.

"Maddie!" Someone called out. Not a second later, I saw a boy wearing a red shirt  swimming towards me. He had gills at his neck and webbed hands and feet.

"Thank God you're here! You are supposed to rescue me. Can you somehow lift me to the surface? I don't think I could make it in one breath."

Harry looked at the other hostages, before shaking his head. "I've got to make sure the others get rescued." He raised his wand towards me, then cocked his head. "How are you doing that?"

"I.. don't really know. It's an elemental witch thing." I smiled.

"Does the Ascending charm only work on the caster?" He asked suddenly.

"I'm afraid so Harry."

His face fell, and he swam to my feet and untied my ankle. "Wandless magic." He muttered.

"What was that?"

"Wandless magic!" He said excitedly. "Try it."

"Will it even work?" He shrugged. I took in a deep breath before looking to the surface, which looked very far away. "Ascendio!" I shouted. I felt my hands move to my side as I shot straight up to the surface. Before reaching the surface, my speed decreased dramatically as I felt the water become somewhat solid.

Reaching the surface, I felt the water lift me out and carry me to the dock, where it dumped me onto the wooden planks. Cheers filled the air and I looked back to the lake, where I saw the water that carried me retreat back into the lake.

"Maddie!"  Two familiar voices said from behind me. After Dumbledore gave me a towel, and an apologetic look, I was engulfed by Fred and George.

"You guys!" I coughed. "Let me breath!"

"You're freezing!" Fred exclaimed. He kissed me on my forehead before wrapping his arms around me.

"And here comes Cederic Diggory from Hogwarts!" Dumbledore yelled, obviously using a Sonorus Charm.

About ten minutes later, Viktor Krum rose to the surface with Hermione, whom I ran up to with a towel. "Where's Harry?" She asked  worriedly.

"I don't know, he wanted to make sure all the hostages made it, so he should be here any minute." At that moment, Gabrielle Delacour rose to the surface, and Fleur raced to her.

Moments of silence passed, when a first year yelled. "Look! Something in the water!" She shouted. Everyone, including me, raced to the rails, and just in time to see Harry shoot out of the water and land on the deck. "Harry!" Hermione and I yelled. We raced over to him, with the twins trailing us.

Amongst all the noise, I didn't hear Dumbledore announce the scores. "Harry! Harry! You got second!" Hermione beamed. He gave us a weak smile and followed us to the boats.

********************************

Booop.. there you go!

Can I get two comments and two votes?

Thank you!

<3 Wren