Terrified Of Dragons

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

Terrified of Dragons-

FRED'S POV

"Mr. Weasley, if you could get your brother and meet me in the hospital wing." Professor McGonagall said in a hushed whisper. I nodded and went off to find my brother. The four champions had just finished the first task and we were all going back to the castle. I found George and yanked him away from his conversation he was having with Lee Jordan.

"Fred, what the bloody hell?"

"McGonagall said we need to go to the hospital wing. I think Maddie's in trouble." He nodded and we raced off to the hospital wing.

A million questions were racing through my head. What happened to Maddie? Is she alright? Is she hurt?

"Fred! George!" A voice said from behind us. I turned around to see Harry, golden egg clutched in his hand, running to us. "What happened to Maddie?"

"I don't know, but let's find out."

We all made our way to the Hospital Wing, where we saw Professor Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, and Madame Pomfrey.

"Glad you could make it. Madeline here is well umm .. Poppy?" Dumbledore said.

"She's in somewhat if a shock." Madame Pomfrey said. Professor Snape and McGonagall moved out the way and laying on the bed was Maddie, looking into space.

"Maddie?" I whispered. She didn't reply, but continued to stare off into space. "Maddie, it's ok, everything is fine now." I said while brushing hair out of her face.

"Will she be alright?" Harry said, his voice trembling.

"She should be, I've given her a potion to relax the nerves, but she still seems a little tense." Madame Pomfrey replied. 

Professor Dumbledore looked at all three of us and sighed. "You boys best get some rest, December is only a few days away and you best be ready for the Yule Ball."

I looked at Dumbledore, who had a twinkle in his eyes. "The Yule Ball? Sir, what is that?" I asked.

"A dance Mr. Weasley. And I do hope you bring a date." He replied, gesturing over to Maddie. I nodded and we left the hospital wing.

We walked silently back to the common room, where all the Gryffindor students were happy to see Harry. "Open it!" They chanted. I looked over to George, who was already walking back to our dormitory.

*****************************************

"Harry, what do you reckon shocked her?" I asked the next morning. Maddie was doing better this morning. She responded to my touch, but didn't look at me.

Harry looked down at his goblet of pumpkin juice and his eyes widened. "The dragon! It was the dragon! When I was trying to lose the Horntail on my broom, it landed on the Astronomy Tower! That's where she was locked up, huh?"

"Yup." Me and George said.

"I remember the dragon looking into the Astronomy tower, and hearing her yell out my name, before I got it's attention." There was a pause before Harry started to chuckle. "Fred, let's hope you never take Maddie to visit Charlie in Romania." George started to laugh about this and I felt my face smirk.

"Well Georgie, it's off to potions with Snape!" I sighed, dragging my brother out of the  Great Hall.

************************************************

Later that day, McGonagall had us take dance lessons, where Ron made a bigger fool of himself. We all partnered up, and I was with Angelina, who looked more than thrilled to be my partner. The day continued to drag on.

I visited Maddie in the Hospital Wing before dinner, where I found a lovely surprise.

"Fred?" Maddie whispered. She was just sleeping and when I knocked over a goblet of pumpkin juice that was sitting on the nightstand next to her. This was the first time she talked to me since the day I left to see the first task, and it felt amazing to hear her voice.

"Yes, Maddie?"

"Can I go back to the dormitory? I kind of just want to get out of here. This place is too boring."

"Sure, we can go right now."

I picked up Maddie and we headed to the Gryffindor common room, where it was quite deserted. I set her down on the couch where she let out a yawn. "Fred, do me a favor, and never take me to see Charlie in Romania." I let out a laugh and sat next to her on the couch. My arm draped over her shoulder and she snuggled into me.

"You are feeling better, aren't you?"

"Yea, I just don't like dragons."

"It's ok, I don't like them either, they are bloody huge!" Maddie giggled and I felt her arms hug me. "Oh! I almost forgot! The Yule Ball is coming up and I was wandering if would like to go with me?"

"I would love to Freddie! But what in the bloody hell is a Yule Ball?"

"It's a dance, I'll have Hermione and Ginny explain to you what that is, but I think we should go get some dinner. My brother and your brother have been worried sick!"

And with that, we rushed to the Great Hall, where everyone was delighted to see Maddie.

*************************************

Short filler.. anyway, I might be getting surgery on my knee.. MY SOCCER CAREER IS OVER.

:'(

</3 Wren