Realization

**All characters in the Harry Potter series go to J. K. Rowling. The Masons, Jake Ryder, and Amanda Wills are all mine :)**

**I skipped ahead a couple months.. Sorry if I missed anything important!**

Realization-

"Happy birthday to Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley!" I shouted. The shop erupted in cheers and Fred and George bowed at their audience. It was April 1st, Fred and George's birthday. I was about 8 months pregnant, with a big belly hanging in front of me. "Say happy birthday to daddy and his brother you two." I whispered. Fred put his hand on my tummy and I felt the twins kick.

"That was adorable!" Fred squealed. I gave him a questioning look and he turned red. George laughed at his brother and patted me on the back.

"Some man you've got there Maddie." He chuckled. I let out a giggle and gave them both a hug, although it was quiet awkward. The day went on quiet smoothly, but there was something on my mind that I couldn't quiet figure out. Multiple times Fred or George caught me staring out into space.

"Are you sure you're alright?" George asked for the third time. I nodded. Then it hit me.

"There's a war coming, isn't there?" I whispered. George tensed up beside me but nodded. "Yea, there is." He replied. When the day was over, we walked up to the flat, where I had a great big cake ready for them. I served them a slice and they dug in.

"Aren't you going to have some?" George asked. I shook my head and went to the pantry, where I took out a pickle jar.

"Sorry, I'm just really craving pickles." I said sheepishly, biting into a crisp pickle. They both laughed at me as I ate my pickle. Fred turned the radio up and an upbeat song filled the air.

"When are we going to your mum's?" I asked. The song ended and an announcer started talking.

"A family of squibs were found dead today.."

"Oh, I actually don't know, probably in an hour or so. Anyway, do you know how Harry's doing?" George asked.

"The family was most likely murdered by death eaters.."

"Hermione says he's still obsessed with that book. Have you guys ever heard of the Half-Blood Prince?" They both shook their heads.

"The daughter was murdered first, trying to protect her parents. Oh bless her soul..."

"I'm really worried for him. I don't want anything horrible happening soon." I said, taking another bite of my pickle."Oh! I have a another present for you two!" I said excitedly.

"Honestly women, you're presence is already a great gift." Fred smiled. My cheeks turned red as I reached for the two gifts hidden in a cupboard.

"Today, we honor Linda Mason, John Mason and especially Jaime Mason."

I dropped both of the presents and froze. My chest constricted and I started hyperventilating.

"A message was left at the scene. It reads, : Madeline Potter, you're next." The announcer paused. "Madeline Potter? As in Harry Potter's half-sister? Oh if you're listening Madeline, please be careful, and we're sorry about your loss."

I let out a strangled cry and leaned against the wall. Fred was at my side in an instant. The Masons, the people who raised me for more than half my life, are dead! No.. Not Jaime.. Not Linda.. Not John! I just saw them, a couple weeks ago, when I told them I was pregnant.

I let out a sob and fell into his arms. He kept on trying to calm me, but I just couldn't catch my breath. It was probably after an hour I stopped crying. "I'm sorry, I've ruined your birthday." I whispered. I took a sip of water and sat in between Fred and George.

"Nonsense, your loss is more important than our birthday." They said together. I truly felt horrible.

"No. We're going the Burrow now, I'l just have to mourn for them after." I said confidently.

"Maddie-"

"Shut it George." I snapped.

"Madeline-"

"Fred. You too." I stood up and grabbed both of them by their ties. I apparated and we landed on the rough ground in front of the Burrow.

"Ow! Maddie! A little warning next time." George groaned.

"You are a nearly 20 year old man, get used to it." I laughed. I helped both of them up and we headed towards the Burrow. I was a little nauseous myself, and really drained. Inside, Molly and Arthur greeted us. Fred and George were having a conversation with them in the kitchen and I went in the sitting room and looked into the fire. I don't know what happened, but I started crying. And after about 10 minutes, I cried myself to sleep.

Fred's Pov

"Ahh bless her, she fell asleep!" Mum cried.

"Mum, look closer, she fell asleep crying. Do you remember the Masons?" I asked. Mum nodded. "They were.. They were murdered by death eaters." Mum let out a gasp and gently stroked Maddie's hair.

"I'm worried for her. She's as much of a target as Harry." I said. Mum kept on stroking Maddie's hair.

"Let her sleep. She's been having a rough couple of months." She replied. I kissed Maddie on the forehead before retreating into the kitchen with my brother.

Maddie's pov

It was now May 2, and the funerals for the Masons were long over. I was due any day now, and I was just so excited to see my two little babies. I was still a little sensitive about the Masons, so not a lot of people brought them up.

"I'll be back in an hour dear, Sirius is in the kitchen if you need anything." Mrs. Weasley said, heading out the door.

"Don't expect me to do anything though!" Sirius called. I rolled my eyes but smiled. The Twins were at work and they insisted I rest until I give birth. Of course I lost that argument. I was really drained, last night was a full moon, and even though I change just a little, I'm always so tired.

"Sirius! Can you bring me some tea?" I called.

"Really Maddie? Really?" Sirius asked, poking his head in from around the doorway. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I saved your life. Now I want some tea." I snickered. He rolled his eyes but gave me a smile.

"You are going to use that for everything, huh?" He asked while pouring me some tea.

"Well, yes. It was a pretty big sacrifice." I teased. He rolled his eyes and sat across from me, sipping his tea.

"True but-"

"No Sirius, you lost this argument." I laughed. I always missed Sirius. He's like an older brother to me. Sirius let out another laugh and sighed. I studied him for a moment, and then blurted out a random question. "Do you ever miss him? James, I mean."

"Yea, every time I see you, all the memories of me and James comes flooding back. But I see him through both you and Harry."

"Aww Sirius! That was cute." I laughed. He let out a high laugh and looked at the ceiling. "Don't worry Sirius, they are with us. Both Lily and James. I would know. " I paused. "When I ...died.. I was sent to Godric's Hollow, back to their house. And when you die, you continue living, just in a different place. Anyway, there is this thing in their sitting room. It's almost like a crystal ball, but flat. And you can see what you desire when you turn this dial. And almost every time I looked at it, the dial was directed towards you." Sirius looked at me and smiled.

"That makes me feel loads better. Come here you!" He stood up, his arms outstretched. I stood up, and felt something warm run down my leg. I let out a gasp and looked at him.

"Sirius, either I just pissed myself or my water broke."

****************************

^^That last line always makes me smile.

Thanks for the comments and feedback!

<3 Wren