Chapter 32

~Ian's POV~

I was really sleepy, and true i did wake up at times when Maddie wasnt there to watch over me, but then i just fell back asleep.

So i was just lying there , awake, when i heard the door open and Mitch and Jerome and Seto's voices. I bolted upright immediately and hopped off the bed, my energy restoring fast. I changed out of my business suit and changed into a new suit. Don't judge, its the only change of clothes i have.

Anyway, just as i was about to head downstairs Maddie opened my bedroom door and we just kinda stood there staring at each other.

"You're awake at last!" Maddie said and threw her arms around me. I hugged her back, and then broke the hug.

"I had been awake already like a few days ago," i confessed sheepishly. "But i just felt like sleeping more so i didn't get out of bed."

Maddie glared at me with disapproval. "I was going to assume you were dead if you didnt get up by tomorrow. Don't scare people with your hibernation!"

I grinned. "Don't worry. I'm not planning to die anytime soon." i looked around. "Have you seen my sunglasses anywhere?"

"oh, i took them outside to dry off," Maddie said breezily. "I cleaned them a bit."

"Don't tell me you put them in the washing machine."

Maddie shook her head, which was a relief. Once, Mitch or Jerome "cleaned" my sunglasses by throwing them into the washing machine. It did work, but i had to reconnect a few dead wires.

"I found something when i was wiping it," Maddie said, and pointed to something on the bedside table. "I didn't know if you wanted it, though, so i put it there."

I went over and picked the thing up. It was not bigger than a small button. I could tjink of places where it would be placed on my glasses.

"I'll check it," i told Maddie, and immediately started up my computer, having it scan the thing.

The results popped up a second or two later.

~Ty's POV~

We teleported back to the floating mansion and Skybrine didn't do anything, surprisingly. He just left me and stormed off to Notch knows where.

I sat down at the dining table. How is Mitch doing now, I wonder? I guess he was injured pretty badly... And how about Jerome and Seto? And Ian? Is he alright? Maddie? How is she coping?

Layla? Is she still unconscious or is she awake again? I could try to use our telepathy link... But if the defences around the mansion keep out telepathy links too...

I was about to try when Skybrine walked into the room again, his eyes blazing white. He waved his hand and i felt a weight settle on my shoulders, but there wasn't anything there.

"What the hell?" I asked, but no sound came out. Skybrine grinned creepily.

"So you wouldn't interrupt my little lecture," Skybrine said. He waved his hand in the air again, and a white ball of mist appeared in the air. Images started to form inside it, but they were moving too quickly for me to see.

I caught a glimpse of female face, and then a big fire. And then a blur of black, gray and white, and then purple and green. And then a claw, and more fire, and then a bright burst of light.

Finally the images slowed down so i could see them. It stopped at an image of Mitch, Jerome and Ian.

"Your... Friends," Skybrine said, slamming his hands on the table. He nodded to the ball of mist. "You love them, right?"

He didn't give me a chance to reply. The image switched to Layla. "Your best friend. You've only known her for a few months, but your friendship is strong." he leaned closer. "Don't think i don't know about your telepathy link. You have no idea how obvious it is."

I stared back blankly at him. How did he know? I knew he heard my question using his mind-reading but he didn't reply.

He switched the image to Enderlox and Witherlox talking and smiling at each other. "Your ex-lover and ex-friend, one of them your enemy now that you've befriended Layla."

I continued to stare at him. What was he getting at? I am very happy with my life like this. And i don't miss Enderlox at all, now that i've got Mitch.

"It would be a shame if you just lost all of it, wouldn't it?" he swiped his hand through the mist and it disappeared with a whoosh. I stared at him, a bit bored. These talks were so common in movies and books and whatnot.

He snapped his fingers and the weight was off me in an instant. Immediately, i spoke, "Are you threatening me to by killing my friends to keep me from interrupting your killing of my friends?" (sorry if that didn't really make any sense XD)

Skybrine went silent for a few moments. I knew he was trying to comprehend my words. "Yes."

Well that didn't really leave me any choice... I got up and punched him in the face, and then made a break for the door. I didn't know how i didn't think of this sooner.

"ADIOS, SUCKA!" i yelled behind me as i dove off the platform a bazillion blocks off the surface. The wind was whipping in my face, and i had to portal away before Skybrine could catch me. I opened up my coorindates tab to monitor my progress. It was still broken.

I felt the pressure on my chest lift when the coordinates returned to normal again, amd i could see the ground approaching fast. Way too fast. I quickly portaled to the only destination in my head at that moment - Enderlox's cave. Hopefully he and Layla weren't getting at each other's necks again.

~Layla's POV~

The tension between us disappeared quickly and when we were laughing and trading jokes Deadlox changed back.

And the tension rose again. It wasn't too thick, it was just that he changed so suddenly. And he didn't seem to notice anything's different.

Deadlox leaned closer and put his lips on mine. I was surprised, and a bit taken aback. Back home not a single boy would even look at me, with that girl - Mikenzy? Forgot her name... - being around all the time.

I pushed away my thought and grabbed the back of Deadlox's head and pulled him closer. I closed my eyes and savored the moment.

\(~3~)/ TADAAAA