Chapter 33

~Layla's POV~

Deadlox broke our kiss (feels weird typing this lol) when a bright flash illuminated the room, and Ty dropped onto the ground with so much force the cave shook.

"Ty!" I immediately ran over, with Deadlox right at my heels. She was moving, which was good.

"I only have half a heart left," she said, sitting upright.

"I have just the thing," Deadlox said and ran off, and then came back a few moments later, splashing Healing II potions (is that what they're called? Health or healing?) all over the place.

"Thanks, that helped," Ty said, slowly getting to her feet and leaning on me for support.

"Why did you hit the ground so hard?" Deadlox asked.

"I jumped from a height of a bazillion blocks," Ty said as I walked her to the table, where there was a chair. She collapsed in it, but her eyes were bright and shining. "I jumped out of Skybrine's mansion and portaled here."

Then she narrowed her eyes and pointed at Deadlox. "Are you Deadlox or Enderlox?"

Deadlox looked confused, and i took a good look at him. He had all the traits of Deadlox - green headphones looped around his neck, green eyes, green outline of T-shirt. But then i noticed the purple wings and tail.

Which, now that i think of it, were impossible to ignore.

"I'm Deadlox," he said, though he was looking at his wings and flapping them experimentally. "At least... I feel like Deadlox."

"Any small voice at the back of your head yelling at you to kill us?" Ty asked curiously. Deadlox shook his head and turned to me.

He smiled. "I think you've turned me. I am truly Enderlox now that my two sides have merged completely."

Ty leaned back in her chair. "Well, i wonder how that happened." She seemed to legitimately have no idea what happened...

Deadlox smiled at her. "This is what happened." And he pulled me into a hug, only there was a deep kiss involved too.

I pushed him back. He looked at me with his big, wide, confused eyes. "You can't do that in front of Ty," i breathed, dimly remembering that Ty was Deadlox's ex and maybe Ty would feel hurt or something.

We both looked over at Ty, but we found her making a heart shape with her hands and closing her eye to frame us in the middle of it. She put away her hands the instant we turned around though, but she wasn't quick enough.

"I'm fine with it," Ty assured us. Then she gazed dreamily off into the distance. "If only Mitch were here too. We could have a double date."

I was a bit confused but Deadlox just laughed and pulled me in for a sweet kiss.

"I'm glad you got me in here," I whispered when we stopped for a moment.

"I'm glad i found the other part of me," he replied, and i looked at him, confused again, but he laughed and washed away the confusion with yet another kiss, this time a kiss that was long and deep and it felt like our surrounding was wiped away and for the first time in a long time, i felt safe and carefree.

~Seto's POV~

We were all delighted when Ian came down the stairs. I had been bandaging Mitch's wounds, but Ian brought bad news.

"I got rid of the tracker," Ian told us. "And Seto probably won't have any Black Magic seizures anymore."

"Woop woop!" Jerome said, waving his paws in the air. Mitch laughed and i smiled. So much good luck...

"I feel like we should visit Enderlox's place again," I suddenly suggested, surprising everyone, even myself.

"Why?" Maddie asked. "The last time you went there Mitch got hurt!"

"Yeah, but this time i feel like its gonna be different," I said, a bit taken aback by the force in my voice. "We have so much good luck right now. Its like the universe granting it to us, after all the bad luck we've been through."

Jerome shrugged. "I can handle another Skybrine. And if the sorcerer says the karma is in the air, then lets go!"

We packed lightly and left Maddie at home by herself this time. Ian was saying he was feeling better and when he sets his mind to something its impossible to change it.

We followed our footsteps to Enderlox's cave and we were extra careful when we approached th entrance.

But all we heard was some faint giggling.

I volunteered to go in first, since i was the one who said we should visit the Ender hybrid. I crept forward and into the cave...

And saw Ty sitting in a chair, giggling and clapsing her hands together like a fangirl.

She saw me and made a shushing gesture with her finger. I motioned for the others to enter and to keep silent also. When we were all in the cave Ty pointed to something near the wall.

I looked closer and almost gasped out loud. It was Enderlox... And was he molesting Layla? (Okay i seriously cannot keep a straight face when i typed that. Excuse me while i go and laugh my ass off.)

"Enderlox!" Ian called out in a strangled voice. It made sense that he would call out - Ian had been Deadlox's friend the longest among the four of us.

Enderlox turned around, and i got a good look at his eyes. They were his normal eye color - green.

"Can someone explain what's going on here?" Mitch demanded. He gestured to Enderlox. "Why is he normal?"

"Do you want me not to be normal? How does one be normal?" Enderlox frowned.

"He's in loooove," Ty sang. "With Laaaylaa!" she gestured wildly at the both of them. "Apparently Layla turned Enderlox good and now," she clapped her hands, delighted. "Everything is solved."

Everyone was silent for a moment. Jerome was the first to react. He walked to Enderlox for a high-five. "Glad you found peace with your inner hybrid, Deadlox," he smiled. Mitch went next and Ian, and well i went over to Layla and gave her a big hug.

"Next time, get a room," i whispered in her ear and she blushed five shades of scarlet.

"So what are you going to do now?" Mitch asked. "There's not much to do..."

"Im going to wait until its time to go to the End," Deadlox replied. He turned to Layla. "Will you join me?"

Poor Layla looked terrified. "Join you in what?"

"Coming with me into the End."

Layla looked horrified. "Of course not! I still have a mother! And two cats!"

Deadlox looked a bit disappointed. "Oh well, you might change your mind later on."

Then a flash of blue lit up the cave and Skybrine arrived, landing on the ground with a spinning kick and knocking out Jerome and Ian.

"Hello," he grinned , stood up and brushed himself off. "I came to collect something," he pointed at Ty.

"No!" Layla shouted, stretching her arms wide apart at her sides and the walls began to glow red. Her eyea glowed red too. "If you want her you go through me."

Skybrine looked expectantly at Deadlox, but he was standing beside Layla with a determined look on his face.

"We're together now," Deadlox informed Skybrine firmly. "And Ty is with Mitch."

Skybrine was furious. I haven't seen him this angry since... Forever. The fire in his hands blazed brightly and he made a mive to throw a fireball, hurling it at Ty.

Deadlox and Layla made to protect her, but at the last moment the fireball changed course and charged straight at me.

And i was totally unprepared.

THAT'S ANOTHER CHAPTER DOWN.

I'M TYPING THIS ON AN AIRPLANE, WHEN I POST THIS I'LL PROBABLY ALREADY BE IN KOREA :))