Chapter 25

~Layla's POV~

I stared at Deadlox. "What?"

He smiled nervously. "I figured you wouldnt want to stay back at the cave. So i brought you here."

"And made me wear this?" i forced my voice to be calm. Halter tops. I dont wear halter tops. Shirts are fine, tank tops are acceptable, but others are just no-nos.

Deadlox shrugged. He went into the bathroom and started running the tap water and washed his hands. "Its the only piece of clothing that would fit you."

"YOU DRESSED ME?" I shrieked, panicking. Deadlox grinned and closed the bathroom door.

I quickly went over to his closet and yankrd the doors open. Surely this wasnt the only piece of clothing that fit me. Enderlox had loads of choices at the cave. I sorted through the shirts unitil i found a plain green shirt. Hm, i always thought Deadlox only wore his white shirt. I grabbed that and it fit me perfectly.

I also found a pair of tight-ish black pants and changed into that. Both clothing fot me perfectly. Luckily he didnt change my shoes... But where are my original clothes?

Then Deadlox opened the door and came out, and it was my turn to get ready. I did all the things a girl would do, wash my face and comb my hair, and applied zero makeup on my face. I dont need makeup.

Then i paid special attention to my dyed hair. After five more minutes everything was done and i went back into the white bedroom. Deadlox was nowhere to be seen but the door was open and the scent of bacon was drifting through it.

I went out the bedroom and walked along the quartz corridor. Everything was quartz, and it was so... White. I finally tracked the heavenly smell back to the kitchen, where Deadlox was frying some bacon and eggs. He smiled at me and shooed me into the living room where there were already plates.

I definitely like Deadlox more than Enderlox. I was surprised there was a calendar on the wall, and i went over yo take a look. It was April already? Really? Wow.

There were also pictures in frames along the shelves lining the walls. I inspected them one by one. Most of them showed a little boy playing with his friends, or just sitting by himself. It wasnt until i went to the last picture frame did i realize it was Enderlox.

In the last picture it was Enderlox, with his new purple headphones and a suitcase, and in front of him was a portal, and i could see the overworld through it. He was waving goodbye at the camera, though i could tell it was a half-hearted gesture. He seemed in a hurry to leave.

"Don't look at that," Deadlox suddenly came up behind me and flipped the picture frame over. He glared at me, and then pushed me towards the table. There were the bacon and eggs. We dug in and quickly finished our breakfast.

"So where are we exactly?" I asked Deadlox when I found out my coordinates were crap.

"In a place higher than Skybrine's mansion and a place which Enderlox can never appear," Deadlox said, standing up and getting the plates. I frowned. The only thing that came to mind was the Aether. It was the exact opposite of the Nether, and it would also explain why everything was so white.

"So what are we doing here? Can we go back to the overworld? I'm pretty sure Ty isn't here," I crossed my arms and sat back in my chair. It was soft and fluffy, like a cloud. A flash of white zoomed past the window, and I went over to take a closer look.

It was a Zephyr. Little clouds. So cute! Deadlox answered me, "No we can't go back unless you want Enderlox to be unleashed the moment we leave."

"Fine." I sat down on the floor, which was decorated with black and white carpets. "So why are we here?"

Deadlox sat down next to me. "It's Skybrine's birthday next month. He expects me to give you or Ty to him. But I can't do that."

I tilted my head. "Why? It's not like we matter to you anyway. And you've seen how Skybrine is attached to Ty."

"But I can't," Deadlox whined. "I have problems of my own." He looked at me. "Can you keep a secret?"

I rolled my eyes and nodded. "Girls are made for secrets. Well, I am, anyway."

"Well, this isn't technically a secret," Deadlox said, putting his chin on his knees. "But Skybrine and WitherMU can't know this. I have to find my other part before October, before I return to the End for good. The Ender dragon only gave me a year to be in the overworld and to find my partner."

I narrowed my eyes. "And why do you need to find your partner so much?"

"Because some stupid sorcerer cursed me and if I don't find my partner I'll probably end up becoming full-time Enderlox, and the Ender dragon has been planning an invasion on the overworld." he explained. I stared at him blankly. "Well it is kind of boring in the End with only endstone and obsidian and endermen as your company."

"Okay," I nodded. "But you only need one of us to come with you to the End." Wait what am I implying? That Enderlox give Ty to Skybrine? I immediately regretted what I said.

Deadlox noticed me cut off my sentence. "Yeah, that's exactly what I think. And also I'm not sure, if it's you or Ty. Because Enderlox did like Ty for a while, but I like you."

I suddenly felt very self-conscious.

"Well who does Enderlox like now?" I said, terrified at the answer. "You used past tense."

Deadlox scratched his head. "I'm not sure. It's like he's in a love-hate relationship with both of you right now. I guess I'll just nab whoever is the closest to me when I enter the End."

"And how about Skybrine's birthday?" I changed the subject slightly, not wanting to know if I could still contact my home if Enderlox grabbed me into the End. Hell, if he grabbed Ty I would also lose contact. Mom would wonder where I've gone... and I've never been separated from Bramble and Squirrel for so long.

"Well im thinking i can just live here until October," Deadlox said. "Afterall ive already got you here."

I scowled. So he's just going to leave Ty down there? I scooted over to the window. There were the Aether islands... And they had bridges connecting each other.

An idea sparked in my head.

Am i making this book too long?