Chapter 29

~Layla's POV~

I dreamed i was in the plains, back home. There were flowers everywhere the trees dotted the horizon. Then the wind picked up until i felt like i was caught in a tornado.

The wind was whipping in my face, but then it calmed down and turned warm. I sighed and closed my eyes. This was comforting, the wind of my homeland.

Then i opened my eyes again and saw a pair of purple eyes. I yelped, a bit alarmed, but also i was getting used to it. I dont get it why hybrids like to FUCKING GET IN MY FACE ALL THE TIME.

I drew strength from the redstone and used the redstone to make tendrils, and yanked Enderlox's face away from mine by his hair. Then i released the redstone and sat up.

"Ooow," Enderlox winced and rubbed his head, his eyes flashing between green and purple every few seconds. "You didnt have to do that."

"Yeah i did," I stretched and swung my legs over to dangle off the bed.

"I was just checking on you, you seemed to be barely alive." Enderlox glared at me and his whole demeanor seemed to change, growing more purple and evil.

I narrowed my eyes. Was Deadlox losing the battle inside? But then the purple aura around Enderlox shrunk and his eyes flashed bright emerald and he became more friendly again.

"I am very much alive, thank you," i did a mock bow and hopped off the bed, climbing the ladders into the cave.

I spotted the computer right away. It was switched on. Quick, before Enderlox comes up! My mind screamed at me. I hopped onto the chair and explored the software Enderlox had on his computer.

I found one called "Purple" and i was real curious. I clicked into it and the window popped up, and there was a figure in the middle of the screen, with multiple windows on the left, right and top.

I narrowed my eyes. The figure was Seto. Had i found the source of his black magic? I typed in some commands and found what triggers his magic. A tracking device on Ian's sunglasses.

Just then Enderlox came up and roared at me. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" he lunged at me with claws unsheathed and his eyes glowing bright purple.

I flicked my wrists and deflected his attack with a flash of redstone. He was flung against a wall and there was a sickening crack.

OH SHIT, I ran over to where he was lying, limp but breathing. I took a sharp intake of breath. His right wing was bent at an awkward angle, it's probably broken and will take a really long time to heal.

He groaned and made a sound between a whimper and a moan. Ahhhh shit i didnt know how to deal with first-aid shit, even if i did do a few role-plays as the Healer, and even then i were using herbs like leaves and shit.

And besides, i was thinking he'd use his redstone powers, but maybe in his fury he had forgotten about it. Or maybe Deadlox had restrained his redstone powers so he wouldnt hurt me.

Either way he now had a broken wing and was in great pain. I put my hand on his head, brushing away the bangs that fell into his eyes. I wanted to take away his pain. I wanted to help. I had caused him pain and now i regret it. I should be the one suffering for snooping around.

Then i had a brilliant, stupid idea. I continued stroking his hair but i used my other hand to gently touch the place where the awkward angle was. I immediately felt the pain and it was almost unbearable, almost made me release my grip. But that would mean letting the pain go back and it will hit like a truck.

"Im sorry, im sorry," i whispered, tears rolling down my cheeks. My body was burning. I was on fire. "Im sorry im sorry im sorry." the redstone healing powers were not doing much. Maybe it was because i was panicking. Surely he wouldnt die because of a broken wing. But then again maybe his organs burst. Oh Notch what the fuck do I do????

And then i recalled Enderlox's words. Did i love Deadlox? If i loved Deadlox that meant i loved Enderlox too. There was no in between.

I pushed the question to the back of my mind. He was a bit relieved now. That was the most important. I wished Ty was here. She could help me. Skybrine could heal. Heck i think WitherMU could do more than me right now.

I slumped over Enderlox's body, careful not to hurt him even more, the pain still coursing through my body, but i felt myself slipping away. I ordered the redstone around me that i kept my hand on Enderlox's wound. A figure formed in my blurry vision. It was made of red particles. The redstone. It dipped its head and my vision went black, but i knew the redstone creature would make sure i shared Enderlox's pain.

~Ty's POV~

Skybrine was joking when he said we'd go shopping in the overworld. He was just tricking me into visiting Enderlox with him, and that id go more willing. I suppose willing people are more easy to teleport... Its kinda the same with portaling.

When we arrived at Enderlox's cave, though, we found then slumped over each other next to the wall. Skybrine immediately ran over, tugging me as he went.

There was a creature made of red particles, and i could pick up a faint trace of Layla on it. Figured. She had a hand on Enderlox's wing, and they were both passed out.

Enderlox coughed. Oh, scratch that. Only Layla was passed out.

"Enderlox!" Skybrine said sharply. Enderlox managed to turn his head a bit.

"Yeah?"

"What happened?" Skybrine's voice softened a bit. "Why the hell is she slumped over you? What did you do?"

"Oh," Enderlox blinked. "Welllll about that. Its more like what she did to me. She broke my wing, and then apparently felt bad about it. So the moron decided to help by taking away a huge chunk of my pain and shes now receiving the worst of it."

"Why didnt you call me?" Skybrine asked, and surprisingly he sounded sincere. He turned to me and snapped, "Of course im sincere, hes my friend!l

He then went over to Enderlox, his hands sparking with healing magic. I glanced at the redstone creature nervously but it just stood there. Then i saw movement and Skybrine was gently removing Layla's hand from Enderlox's wing.

There was a small sigh frin Layla but Enderlox's face morphed into one of pure agony. "No! No dont do that!" he gasped. The redstone creature took action too and pressed Layla's hand firmly but gently back on Enderlox's wing.

"Layla must have given orders to it to keep her hand on his wound," I murmured. I dont really know Layla that well but i knew instinctively that that was the thing Layla would do to her friends...

Or loved ones. The thought popped into my mind, and i smiled but immediately pushrd it back down.

"I heard that," Enderlox said to me. He smiled weakly and i was embarrassed, but not horrified. "I think she does.." he trailed off wistfully.

Then his voice popped up in my mind. I think she does love me.

Sorry guys im typing this in the car on a real bumpy stretch of road but i think its alright to read...