Chapter 14

~Layla's POV~

While Ian was still trapping Enderlox with his slightly creepy squid arms, Ty came up to me and tapped me on the back with her tail.

"I've figured it out now," she whispered quickly. "The reason you're able to construct all the redstone stuff in Minecraft. You also have logic manipulation. I don't know how you got it, I got mine from when Enderlox injected me with something, but you have it too. But instead of time and space, you just control the rules and well, logic in general."

"Enders can't go into water," I said, an idea sparking up in my head. "What if we made the water rush to him?"

"And how are we going to do that?" Ty said. "Look, he's going to saw off Ian's arms!" She pointed to the spot where Ian had trapped Enderlox in a giant squid-hug. I saw a glint of metal.

"I can control logic, according to you!" I whisper-yelled, my voice rising a few pitches due to fear. "Come on, hold my hand, I'll try to use this logic manipulation, you just move the water!"

Ty glanced at me suspiciously but still did what I had told her to do. I closed my eyes and imagined the water moving to Ty's will. Surprisingly, it worked, and I felt someone come up behind us. It was a warm presence, and I immediately knew it was Mitch, in his blaze form.

"Ian, let go!" someone yelled. Jerome, I think. Mitch yelled something similiar, but then I felt my energy draining as the water moved. Ty looked less tired, but she'd had more practice than me. I'd only made redstone stuff for a month, she'd really teleported around for Notch knows how long.

"Make it quick," I said through clenched teeth. I saw the water rise out of the lake and seep towards Enderlox. "Also make sure only a few drops touch him. Make a dome around him so he can't get out."

Ty nodded and concentrated on making the dome. In a few minutes, the top had closed over and I was ready to collapse.

"Hold on for a few moments longer," I felt someone's hand touch my shoulder and I nearly fell to the floor. My knees were that weak. But the hand pulled me back to reality.

I saw a bright flash of purple light inside the water dome, and Ty let the water down. I sunk to the floor. I couldn't think. What time was it? What happened to Endrelox? Ty also sat down beside me and we lay on the beach, looking at the sun. This was supposed to be a relaxing day at the lake.

"Let go!" I heard a familiar voice swimming in the distance. "I want to see if they're alright!" Deadlox? I didn't have the energy to associate stuff anymore. I felt someone warm pick me up and I cuddled up to the warmth. The water had also soaked me and Ty too. I fell asleep, sleeping next to something warm, like a fireplace.

~Timeskip~

I woke up with a start. It was dark outside, and someone had forgotten to close the curtains so the moonlight and the starshine was shining through. I heard someone snoring, and found Mitch sprawled out on the floor, his hair still smoking. I decided to leave it like that. No one would appreciate a bucket of water on his head in the middle of the night.

I heard a thump next door and knew that Ty was awake too. What we had done must've drained us. I opened the door and heard  Ty do so too, and I waved at her after I had closed the door.

"It's three in the morning," Ty yawned. "Why couldn't we have slept just a little bit longer?"

"Aren't you curious about what happened to Enderlox?" I asked, creeping down the stairs. Luckily for us they didn't creak like those old stairs in those old houses.

"He became Deadlox again," Ty said, scratching her arm and following me. "Then I passed out. I think Ian got him back home."

"Who got us home?" I said, shivering. It was a bit cold.