Chapter 21

~Deadlox's POV~

I should be thinking of more rational ways here.

Not just about Layla. I should be also thinking of Ty. I knew she didnt love me anymore... But i know she'll be friends with me.

But Layla. If no other female pops up in the next, what, eight months, then im gonna have to haul her back to the End whether she likes it or not.

I turned to my computer and opened the program to Seto's Black Magic. Yes, its on the computer. Is there something wrong with that?

Thank Notch that Skybrine thought of the tracking device we put on that squid hybrid's sunglasses, or we'd have lost the last sorcerer on the planet forever. Seto's magic is linked to our powers, and Skybrine had said to use Ian's tracking device as a power source if the girls ever make it back and take Seto with them.

I tried to take my mind off girls in general by checking up on Seto. He seemed to be doing fine, but since the tracking device is taking lots of battery from Ian's sunglasses - which are electronic and can scan people, by the way - we can only use it as a source of power for only ten minutes, tops. Also it only has like a fifty-block range, and Ian always charges his sunglasses every night when he takes them off, on his special cupboard, so technically that's ten minutes every day.

And also the good thing is that Ian's sunglasses store energy. The battery never gets full. But surprisingly he must have been scanning a lot of things lately, because the battery level was only at 10%, only enough for ten seconds, or maybe twenty, of Black Magic from Seto.

It's at 1% battery level right now, though, and I did a little check-up on the status of the tracking device. It was all cool, as long as we leave a bit of battery, our cover won't get blown, since Ian's sunglasses are like way power-saving.

I turned power-saving on for the tracker too. But we won't be able to get enough power to operate Black Magic for a while... I'm going to wait until the battery goes over 150. It shouldn't take too long. Then we can launch an all-out attack on them.

I really hope Ian doesn't get mad at us... We were pretty good friends before the rift of good and evil happened. Also, I can't tell Skybrine or WitherMU why I need Layla alive... But I'm also hoping that Ty would just stay at Mitch and Jerome and Ian's house so she doesn't get caught in the battle. She's got logic manipulation and all, but I still don't really trust Skybrine and WitherMU fully.

They may be using me. Oh gosh, listen to me, rambling on like a teenage girl. I focused on the tracker, showing Ian's point of view, and also I kept an eye on the screen monitoring Seto's health. I didn't hate him. I was good friends with him, since I kept on visiting him when he was imprisoned in Skybrine's "camp." Well, that was until Enderlox took over, then Seto would just hide from me.

To be honest, though, I think Enderlox's heart is thawing.

~Ian's POV~ (Ill be doing ian as a sorta side story)

All this stress is too much for me. I know Deadlox is still in Enderlox. I think Enderlox is becoming less violent. He pretty much got beat by girls, and the Enderlox I knew wouldn't let that.

Anyway, I'm starting to have a headache. Maybe a few drinks would clear that up. I left a note saying to the others where I've gone. I'm going to a special pub for hybrids, it's under... Well I can't tell you that.

I arrived at the security and he immediately checked me in. He should recognize me by now. I go there every week, and for the first few weeks I went every day with one of my squid arms, so the security would know I'm an uncommon squid hybrid.