Chapter 17

~Layla's POV~

~Dream~

I was sitting up in my bed. The sunlight was streaming through. Had all the Minecraft stuff been a dream?

No, no, it wasn't a dream. This one was a dream. It all seemed so fake. And there wasn't even a sign of life... Usually whenever I wake up Squirrel would be jumping onto my lap.

"Mom?" I called out. Nothing. I peered out the windows. No cars, no people. It was as if I was the only one in the world.

"Layla?" I heard someone say. I whipped my head around and found a girl. She looked surprisingly like Ty, except she didn't have the dragon legs and tail.

"It's alright, it's me, Ty, before I was changed," Ty said, smiling. She immediately changed the subject. "So this is your house?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Are you alright, though?"

"I'm fine," Ty laughed. "Skybrine has me in a cage too, but I can see you through our telepathy link. It was me who conjured up the dream portal, after all, and I pulled you in too."

"What can I do here? Why bring me here? My mom lives here but there's no one..." I sat down on my bed and hugged my blue pillow which I was very fond of.

"This is sorta like a dream, but since we're just, um, spirits here, no one can see us and we can't see them," Ty explained, sitting on my carpet. "But you can leave messages, you can still interact with things."

 I leapt off the bed. "So you mean I can write a message? For my mom, leave it on the counter, and she'd find it?"

Ty nodded. "Yeah, if that makes you feel better. I can do these dreams only once a year, though," Ty warned. "So you better be careful about what you write."

I immediately grabbed some pen and paper off my table.

Dear Mom, I started to write.

I am so sorry that I have disappeared without notifying you beforehand. It's not like I wanted to go, too. But don't worry, I'm safe now. Don't worry about me.

Yes, Mom, this is real. Please keep an open-mind about this. I got 

Wait. Is it a good idea to tell her about how I got sucked into Minecraft? She'd probably sue the game. No. I can't do that. I scirbbled the last two words out.

I made a new friend, she's called Ty, and she can help me reach here, only once a year though. But I will leave a message like this every year. I won't die, promise. There's a guardian angel looking out for me.

I cringed. That was technically true, only it wasn't an angel, but a reaper.

Please don't worry about me. I miss you so much! Take care of Bramble and Squirrel, and I'll see you next year :)

Love you forever and ever and ever,

Your daughter Layla

PS: I am trying to escape, don't worry, I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine, in fact, I'm great. When I do escape I will come and find you.

"Is there a way she can leave me a message?" I asked Ty. She thought for a moment.

"I can retrieve things once, too," Ty said. "I'm sending you here right now. I can retrieve one thing per year."

PPS: Leave a note here if you wish to reply. Ty will get it for me. Also once a year only, so reply when I send you a letter! Love you!

I gave the letter to Ty, who read it and smiled. "Put this where your mom can find it. If she finds it I'll know and when she places a letter down I'll get it for you."

"How will you give it to me, though?" I asked. "You're in Skybrine's place, I'm at Enderlox's."

"We better practice our telepathy link, then," Ty laughed. I went downstairs and placed the letter on the kitchen counter and went back up.

"Also, I have to tell you something," I said. "I injected myself with some of the redstone, and now I can call on the redstone around me to heal me or protect me."

"That's awesome!" Ty clapped her hands. "You should be able to overpower Enderlox, then."

I sighed and put my head into my hands. "The problem is, as I was about to inject you, Deadlox, or was it Enderlox? Anyway, he just came and stuck his hand just as I was pressing on the syringe."

"Oh," Ty said, her disappointment showing immediately. I lay on the carpet and breathed in the smell of my home.

"Do you have to go to your place?" I asked Ty.

She shook her head. "I lived in an orphanage, and then I ran away to live in the woods. I found a village and someone adopted me, but I never thought of them as my parents. They did take good care of me, and bought me a laptop with Minecraft on it. I don't think they'll miss me. They'll just assume I ran back into the woods."

"Oh... I'm sorry," I said, looking up at the ceiling. "Let's just practice our telepathy, then. Do Skybrine and Enderlox know what we'll be talking about? They can read minds."

Ty shook her head. "I don't think so. Telepathy is a two-way link between two persons only, and also, Enderlox doesn't have logic manipulation so it's just us."

"You'd think Enderlox or Deadlox would have logic manipulation, with his saliva in his mouth and all," I mused.

"Well let's not give him any ideas," Ty laughed. We practiced for half an hour, at least, I think it was half an hour, and then Ty said she was too tired to continue this dream.

"Don't give up!" Ty said when they were parting ways. "I'm sure Mitch and Jerome and Ian are planning to come get us."

~Ty's POV~

I snapped out of the dream to someone shaking me, not too violently but enough to make my shoulder sore.

"Wakey wakey," it was Skybrine. He had his sunglasses on, and he stood back up when he saw that I was awake.

"Lets go hunting today," he said, and cheerfully. I got up, suspicious. Usually the first thing he does was hit me until i was awake.

Omg more of Ty's POV! TEEHEE!

WHATS YOUR NEW YEAR GONNA BE LIKE??