Chapter 8

~Enderlox's POV~

"Hey," i said. WitherMU had his helmet off, and I could see his white, glowing eyes on his ashen skin.

"You're harboring two females now," WitherMU said, casually playing with a wither bomb. He threw it behind him and the forest rocked with the force of the explosion.

"Yeah, so?" I scoffed.

"We want one of them," WitherMU's eyes glowed even brighter. "Either the one without the eyes, or the one with immunity."

I pretended to think for a moment. It should've been an easy choice. I should be keeping Ty. But I found both of them. "They're mine, I found them first."

WitherMU shrugged. "We'll give you five months to think about it. You do know five months later it's Skybrine's birthday."

I nodded and picked up a heavy-looking stone, and threw it at WitherMU. "Get out of my forest."

WitherMU laughed cruelly, deflecting the rock with a flick of his hand. "No need to be so touchy, it's not like I'm the one who's cursed." He disappeared in a flash of light.

I sat down with my head in my hands. He was right. I knew what he was talking about. I was a player too, once, when I was younger. Then I got sucked in by the Ender Dragon and was reborn. I inherited his powers to trap people in Minecraft, too. Skybrine and WitherMU were different. They were the normal hybrids. I was the abnormal one. Their human counterparts are safe at home. They are immortal in the game. I am stuck here in Minecraft, and if I die, I die forever, probably gone to haunt the End.

I still remember the stupid curse that sorcerer gave me. I wasn't trapped in here, then. It was the only thing I remember from my real life.

We had been arguing about games. He was saying Minecraft was tame and that his wizard stuff was way better. I didn't know what I did but he cursed me, saying in this weird voice,

The mortal enemy of your game

Which we all find lame and tame

Will tear apart your mortal soul

So you will never become whole

I think there was more, but then I punched him and ran away. A week later, somehow I was born to the Ender Dragon, a full Dragon. But then that guy's curse started taking effect and I became a hybrid.

I buried the pig carcass and flew back home. I was in a bad mood.

~Layla's POV~

I felt the air shimmer beside me and I glanced at it. Hm, nothing was there. I continued rocking on the bed, seeing that there was nothing else I could do. The redstone was all fixed... Unless I could do a favor for Enderlox and move all his stuff to a secret lab. I could make a secret lab.

I heard a racket upstairs and peeked out the tunnel. Oh, so Deadlox became Enderlox again... and was those pork chops he was carrying? So Ty does eat normal food... I was starting to think she didn't and that she lived off blood and meat like Enderlox.

There was a whoosh of wind and I found myself face-to-face with Enderlox, who had dived down the tunnel and into the bedroom. He grinned at me.

"Hello, how do you feel about a trip to WitherMU's place?" he asked, and then grabbed my hand and we teleported.

I saw nothing at first, and when I tried to move I found that I couldn't. Then we exited the teleportation and I was spat out on the floor, and Enderlox hovered near me, flapping his wings and disturbing some ash.