Chapter 10

~Enderlox's POV~

I turned back into Enderlox, and we tried to trace the tracks of the two girls. Unfortunately, Ty must've found Layla and given her directions, because they arent anywhere in our forest.

And our forest was inescapable except for those who have the route to get out.

"You should not have kept Ty," WitherMU said. We were sitting in my ruined cave, with redstone spilling everywhere. "Females stick to each other. They help each other."

I shrugged and threw more redstone into the fire. Im sick of redstone now. They remind me of Layla, and how a female outsmarted three hybrids. Incredibly powerful hybrids, with powers. All with some chunks of redstone.

The fire blazed red for a few moments, and i threw more redstone in it. Where were Layla and Ty now? And to think i loved Ty. Well i can say to her goodbye now. I just dont know about Layla. All that smart in there... Maybe I'll gift Ty to Skybrine instead, and keep Layla.

Ten months. Ten more months to go. Either Ty or Layla was my second part. Which one? Which one?

"What are you thinking?" Skybrine asked, watching the flames rise higher and higher.

I immediately shut down my thoughts. I shouldve known he would sneak into my mind like that. I quickly thought of other things to confuse him, and it worked.

"We let them escape," WitherMU blasted a few wither bombs out the cave entrance. They set fire to a few trees outside.

"That Layla one, shes smart," Skybrine got to his feet and found some more coal to get the fire burning. "Green hair with pink highlights... How did she do that?"

"With dye," I answered. They looked at me. "When I sucked her in she had black hair with neon blue tips. Then she bent the rules of Minecraft logic and applied dye to her own hair. I was pretty surprised when she doused me in pink, too."

Skybrine and WitherMU laughed. "You were Deadlox then, werent you?" Skybrine chuckled.

I smiled and nodded. Layla had a gift. It was also logic manipulation, but in a different way. Instead of manipulating the logic of time and space, like Ty, she can bend the rules and her own mind and fear. Like when I had told her to run when i had first met her. She had ran in my direction and stabbed me. I brushed my hand along my scar. If she had stabbed a bit lower she would've pierced my heart and i would be dead.

"Lets just wait," I said, folding my wings over myself, curling up into a ball. "She left all her stuff here. They'll come back."

~Layla's POV~

I woke up to someone flashing the lights on and off. I cracked open my eyes and saw a big furry head right up in my face, and heard the curtains shutting and opening again.

"Stahp dat," I moaned, turning over and hiding myself under the covers. I actually meant for all the hybrids to stop getting in my face, but apparently Jerome got the wrong idea and had stopped flicking the curtains.

When i opened my eyes he was still there in my face.

"look," i said. "If you dont want a broken nose, then you had better get up." i tried rolling over to the side but realized how awkward the situation is. He was pinning me down with his body.

"Morning," he said cheerfully.

I froze for a few moments, then remembered a few lessons from the self-defense my mom had forced me to take. Remembering her brought a huge heartache, but i pushed it aside. Nothing i can do about that now.

I thrust my knee up and it hit Jerome in the thigh, a bit off course from my original target, but it'll have to do. When he recoiled, i quickly wrapped my arm around his neck and flipped myself from under the covers, landing on the bacca's back and wretching his head backwards in the process.