Chapter 28

~Ty's POV~

Skybrine knocked on my door. I sighed and sat back down. I had really wanted to slip back into the spirit world.

But it seems like these anti-teleportation devices only deactivate when im sleeping... Or maybe something else.

"May I come in?" he said. I rolled my eyes. Since when was Skybrine polite? Clearly he wanted something.

"Yeah sure come in," I said, flopping down onto my bed to rest. It's all I ever do now, eat and sleep, and also try to go into the spirit world. Skybrine opened the door and smiled at me. I glared back at him. "What do you want?"

"I'm taking you shopping," Skybrine said. I stared at him blankly. "In the overworld," he added. "It's time you stop sulking in your room."

Uh excuse me? What else is there to do here? It's not like the Aether, where I can at least talk to the spirits for company or just roam the islands.

Wait why did I know those things? I've never been to the Aether before. I frowned.

~Layla's POV~

I peered down the floating island. Since Enderlox had teleported us here and then changed back into Deadlox, there was no Aether portal to travel back to the overworld, and Notch had insisted that we do not cheat, and since there wasn't enough redstone in that building for me to try to use it to teleport, we can only do it this way.

"Are you ready?" Deadlox asked me. I nodded, and surpringly he took my hand. I smiled. Time to take the leap of faith. We jumped off together.

Have you ever gone sky-diving before? I can tell you it's like flying. And of course the clouds were going by so fast it was all a blur. But in this case I had no parachute. The only constant thing was the ground, and I could see the green grass blocks growing bigger and bigger by the second.

Even Deadlox had changed, and in his place was Enderlox. He wrapped me in a tight hug and we teleported back to his cave.

I accidentally caught a glimpse of his eyes. They were green, but when he let go of me his eyes flashed purple again.

"He's got a thing for you, you know," Enderlox smirked at me, flicking the lever that turned on the lights at the cave. I stared blankly at him. "Deadlox," Enderlox sighed and rolled his eyes. "He's got a thing for you."

"What?" I frowned. Really? He just seemed like a very good friend. Maybe one of my best friends.

Enderlox's tail flicked. He looked irritated. "I don't blame you, love makes people stupid."

I glared at him, fully knowing that he could read my mind. I was not stupid. I hurled a redstone-ball at him, and he caught it and tossed it out the cave, which surprised me. Maybe I wasn't that far away from turning Enderlox.

"I just didn't want to destroy the cave," Enderlox rolled his eyes and glared at me. "It wouldn't do any good if I blew up my own home, would it? And I doubt you'd be willing to replace all the lost redstone all over again."

I kept my mouth shut. Enderlox sighed heavily and stepped into the shower, pulling the stone slabs up and after that I heard water. I tilted my head. Weren't Enders not supposed to touch water?

"I heard you think that!" Enderlox yelled over the sounds of running water. "I can be human too, you know!"

Okay? "So you can touch water when you're not hostile?" I frowned and asked.

"Apparently," Enderlox replied. He didn't say anything else after that, so I went down to the bedroom to rest, finally letting go of the strength of the redstone in the cave walls. I nearly collapsed with exhaustion, since I didn't have the aid of the redstone anymore, and I barely managed to climb into a bed.

~Seto's POV~

We waited for Mitch to come back. I had teleported him into the Nether to collect glowstone, since he was the only Nether hybrid we had. And hopefully Herobrine will not target him, since he's going to blend in well with the other blazes.

We didn't have to wait long, and soon we had the frame of the portal. Jerome had a few buckets of water in his inventory - as emergency fish supply - and soon the portal was ready.

"Hopefully we'll find Layla," I said, and we hopoped into the dimension together.

~Jerome's POV~

We all crowded onto the teeny tiny ledge outside the portal, and i looked down. We were about 50 blocks - give or take - away from the nearest island, which had a big house on it with banners.

"That must be where Notch lives," Mitch said. He transformed into his blaze form and hopped off the ledge, floating down safely to the surface.

"HEY MITCHELL!" I yelled at him, peering over the ledge. "Some people cant fly!"

He yelled something back at me. "DONT CALL ME MITCHELL!" Then he landed on the ground.

"Dont worry, we can jump down together and I can probably turn those blocks into water," Seto grinned at me.

I shook my head. Seto was already tired from teleporting Mitch, and more magic will exhaust him. He is still a beginner sorcerer, after all.

"No," I told Seto firmly when it looked like he wanted to move. Seto smiled at me and punched me off the ledge.

"FUCK YOU SETO!" I yelled as i went flying through the air. I felt the air move beside me and i saw Seto skydiving with me. He had his eyes closed in concentration, and i hope he was doing his part right...

Only a few more moments left before we were splattered against the floor. "Any moment now, Seto!!!!" i said.

Suddenly a flash of blue filled my vision and we landed in a 1x1 square, two blocks deep of water.

Mitch came running over. "I thought you were going to be dead!"

I climbed out of the hole shakily. "Seto probably wouldnt die..." Seto climbed out after me and laughed.

Sorry just gonna end it here! There's school and homework and band competition... So yeah! Don't expect the next update too soon...

Also im working on a Hetalia fanfic! First chapter out now! Go check it out :D