Chapter 37

~Layla's POV~

The week flew by quickly, and for that week i tried to live as normally as I can. I went out to see if Nerina and Avani were there, so i can say goodbye. (Her real life friends, in case you've forgotten who Nerina and Avani are.)

I tried to find the cabin in the forest where Ty lived with Mitch and the others, but without my mechnical flying bird - which i had gifted to Seto as a parting present - i couldnt seem to reach the forest.

But all in all i had a pretty good time at the cave with Deadlox. At least he was trying to make me happy. To be honest i was torn between going with him and going back home, but i knew either ways i would miss the other choice.

And besides, YOLO. Especially if you were immortal. I guess thats also why Deadlox asked me.

I passed the time by honing my redstone skills and trying to make stuff happen with my rule-bending powers. I planted a sapling once and the next day it became an upside-down tree and Deadlox yelled at me for ruining his garden.

I planted more saplings after that. And now we have our own unique garden, and when no one was looking I planted more of them back at spawn. And everyone loved it, but Deadlox didn't.

I still kept contact with Ty through telepathy, though, and I think nothing can break this link between us, so that means that I can still probably keep in contact with the real world.

 Soon, the day came when the time to head into the End came. Deadlox turned into Enderlox, and we flew to the log cabin in the forest to say goodbye.

"Keep in touch," Ty said as she hugged me. I hugged her back tightly, and then we broke apart. "I'll miss having you around. And your silly little upside-down trees."

"And I'll miss you too," I sighed. "But at least we still have our link. I'll call you every single chance I get!"

"And I'll have your mom's letters ready to read outloud to you if you ever write back to her," Ty laughed. "And of course you will."

I fist bumped Jerome and pulled Mitch in for a quick hug, along with Maddie, and I high-fived Ian. "Stay safe, guys. Skybrine and WitherMU are probably still out there. Just don't harm anyone or yourselves, alright?"

"Why would we harm ourselves?" Mitch laughed. He was holding onto Ty's hand, which I found sweet. Now the only person without a partner is Jerome. And let's not forget about Ian's dog.

"Well, bye guys," Enderlox smiled. "It's been quite a few fun years for me. Hopefully I'll get to visit. I may be able to send messages through the Ender Dragon, I'm not quite sure yet."

"Stay safe you guys, and good luck!" Jerome waved as we took off into the air, Enderlox wrapping me in his arms to keep me from falling.

"Close your eyes," Deadlox said to me. I did as he told me to, because I trusted him completely.

~Deadlox's POV~

Once Layla had closed her eyes I closed mine too and concentrated on the pull of the End. It was strong, I could feel it, and I headed towards it in my mind. My body was still fully conscious, though, and my wings were screaming at me to slow down. But my mind wasn't in control anymore, the pull of the End was.

I could feel my wings burn away, and it was a lot harder to focus on the force after that, but I still managed to do that. Once the wind had died down around me I cracked open my eyes a bit.

I was greeted with End Stone, and tall towers of obsidian. The End. Home at last. I gently shook Layla to wake her. It seemed like the portal had put her in a trance. It would make sense, no normal mortal would make it through alive unless they had the permission of an immortal or an Ender Dragon.

"Hm? Did I fall asleep?" Layla snapped awake and I gently placed her on her feet. She looked around curiously. "I've never been to the End in survival mode before... Will other people from DrugCraft be able to come here?"

I shrugged. "If you're thinking about your friends, they can come here, but just not through DrugCraft. They can come through the normal versions of Minecraft. The End is just one big chunk of the game, but unlike the other variables, the End can never be changed. There's only one End and it's this one."

"Where are the Endermen?"

"Well, they don't come out until mortals enter the land, or if they want to. They come and go as they please, but once a mortal gamer enters they are all relocated back here. Otherwise they're all basically off on vacation. If they die they respawn here, too."

Layla looked at me, understanding. "So, when will we get to see your father?"

I looked around. "He should be alerted of our presence by now. Maybe he's just off in another part of the void."

Just then a bright flash lit up on the Endstone, and groups of Endermen began to spawn in random clusters across the plains. I looked in the direction of the flash, and saw three figures, unmoving. "We have to hide," I grabbed Layla's arm and tugged her to the nearest obsidian tower. "Climb, quick, while they're still loading the terrain."

Layla quickly scaled the smooth tower using her logic and I made my wings reappear, and flew up to join Layla on the platform. "Get into the Crystal!" I ordered. The three figures were moving now, and I could see all of them had fully enchanted diamond armor. And pumpkins as helmets. Father was surely going to lose the battle today.

"It's going to explode!" Even though Layla didn't say it out loud, I could read the expression on her face. But there's no time to lose, I shoved her into the Ender Crystal and it wrapped her up nicely, and I hopped in after her.

"You're bonded with me now," I told her, shifting a bit so I can find room for my wings. I didn't want to put them away, and Layla was staring at them. "What?"

"Your wings... they're bigger and more beautiful here." Layla stretched out to touch one of my leathery wings. I glanced at it. At the overworld, it'd been all black, save for the inner parts of the wings which were dark purple. But here, in the End, it was all black. The inner parts were dark gray, and I liked it this way.

"The essence of the End is what feeds me and basically keeps me alive," I answered. Just then a dark shadow swooped down over us and we both glanced upwards. It was my father, answering the call of the three mortals and coming to battle them.

Sorry for not updating in a long time! I'm concentrating on the Hetalia books I'm writing!

I'm a huge Hetalia fan now... And this book will be over soon! Comments and votes are really appreciated!