Chapter 16

~Layla's POV~

We emerged from the portal back into the cave. Surprisingly, Skybrine and WitherMU was there, and they were helping to... build the cave? Hm. I always thought that Skybrine and WitherMU had some sort of slave system to help them do stuff.

When Skybrine looked at me, with an amused expression on his face, I quickly shut down my thoughts. How could I have forgotten that he could read minds? I was so stupid. I really have to make a space in my brain for notes and reminders.

Deadlox removed the blade and released my shoulder. I didn't know what to do first: kick Deadlox, massage my sore shoulder, check the damage done to my throat or just throw all my redstone cubes. I also had two emergency redstone liquid syringes in my boot.

I decided to do the first one. At least it would make me feel better. I whirled around and smashed my foot right against his leg.

Deadlox shrieked and WitherMU immediately ran over and grabbed my arms, putting them behind my back. It seems like he didnt have a blade. Ty was being overpowered by Skybrine.

Well it seems that they think Ty is more dangerous than me since the hybrid with the most powerful powers went to restrain Ty.

WitherMU started squeezing my wrists hard and i heard something crack. Oh gosh dont tell me my wrists broke. I didnt feel too much pain... And then it cracked again. I looked at the floor, the pain starting to get to me.

It was then i noticed that WitherMU had accidentally stepped on some sticks. Well my wrists werent broken. That was good to know.

"You will not hurt us or we will hurt you more," WitherMU said in my ear. It was weird... His voice was weird since he was still in his helmet.

I nodded and he released me. I inspected my wrists for any damage, and then I got knocked onto the ground, my back aching. Someone put a foot on my back.

It was Deadlox. So he could be violent it he had to. He leaned close to me. "Dont do that ever again alright?"

I moaned against the floor and he released me. I saw Skybrine heading for me. It was like I had to be punished by all the hybrids in the room. Luckily Enderlox wasnt here. I saw WitherMU heading towards Ty, who was sprawled on the ground.

I was scared of what Skybrine would do to me. But I was also very angry at Skybrine for hurting Ty. It was now or never.

I pulled the syringe from my left boot and stuck it in my arm. I watched as the red liquid got injected into my arm. I felt everything slow down. I felt myself slipping away...

But no. No. No. No one has made redstone liquid before. I have to control it. I heard Skybrine's footsteps falter but that sound was so far away.

"Did she die?" I heard someone say. My vision turned blurry and the voices swimmed in and out of my consciousness.

"Shes still breathing," another voice said, all echoy and stuff.

Control it, i heard someone say in my mind. It sounded surprisingly like Ty.

Ty?

Yeah, we're linked through our logic manipulation. She said. Im fine. Just control the redstone. I will survive. You have a gift, Layla. Use it wisely.

Then my vision snapped into focus, clearer than before. I could feel power humming through my hands. I know what i am capable of. I can pinpoint all the redstone in this cave, and also all the redstone in a fifty-block radius.

That is a lot of redstone.

Skybrine growled and leapt for me. In a panic, i ran away, and felt the control over the redstone slip.