Chapter 22

~Layla's POV~

We went out of the house and went back to the main house with the three boys and Maddie. Seto didnt follow, but sent a magic ball to follow us.

Its like a video camera really, and Seto will be back in his house.

"So are you all fine with this... Arrangement?" Mitch finally said when we've sat at the table for like five whole minutes in awkward silence.

"Im happy for ya, Mitch," Ian said, smiling and putting an arm around Maddie. Jerome looked a bit weird but he congratulated Mitch too.

Seeing Ty was being left out, Seto and I congratulated her, and we talked about stuff that we would normally talk about, like the weather and how many trees need to be cut down and replanted.

"Lets go outside!" I suggested, standing up and pushing my chair back so forcefully that it fell over.

I picked it back up and saw the others standing up too, and Jerome looked a bit cheered up. He always loved the great outdoors. If that couldnt cheer him out, nothing can.

We went outside and Seto joined us, and we goofed around, playing hide and seek and reminding each other to hold shift so our nametags wont show.

I found a few cocoa beans and some sugar cane, so i did the reasonable thing and picked them, and replanted them again. We can make chocolate and cake, since I think i've heard some animals behind the house, and i know there has to be a farm there somewhere too.

Yeah, i've been here for like two months. And yes, i havent explored every inch of the house. Is that a crime?

"Im feeling fine, but i've felt better," Jerome put his hands behind his head and said to me when I asked if he was fine.

The sun was setting. We were all tired, and the good thing is Jerome is feeling fine, and Seto didnt go all Black Magic crazy on us.

~Ty's POV~

Mitch is expanding the house, making a new guest room for Layla and I, since we did request it like thousands of times, and we got loads of wood when we were out today.

So Mitch speed-built a bedroom just like his, only more simpler. In exchange, we helped remove the traps on their doorways without exploding the house.

"Well, our own room!" Layla sighed in content as she plopped down onto her bed.

"Your letter!" I exclaimed, mentally smacking myself for forgetting again.

"Oh right!" Layla sat upright immediately. "Read it."

I closed my eyes and envisioned the bedroom counter. The letter was there. I opened up the portal, but it was exhausting. The portal wont last long, only for a second, big enough for my hand.

I stuck my hand in, grabbed the letter and got it back out before my concentration snapped. I sank to the ground, tired, but at least i got the letter.

I crawled to the bed, flung the letter at Layla and face-planted on the pillow.

~Layla's POV~

I stared at the letter. There were soft snores coming from Ty's bed, so i know shes sleeping.

Dear Layla, the letter said. Oh my gosh i am so glad to hear from you! Luckily i didnt call the police or anything. I know how much you like your privacy.

Dont worry, im fine at home. Bramble and Squirrel are alright too. Who knows, without you around, maybe i can adopt more cats and become a crazy cat lady!