Chapter 11

~Layla's POV~

"That will be the sixth one," Jerome smiled and went to open the door.

"Hey, Jerome!" a new voice called out. I stretched my arms and waited. The new guy came in, and he was wearing sunglasses and he was also in a suit-like thing. Men and suits. Hmm... Is that a new thing?

"Hi," the new guy said cheerfully. "I'm Ssundee. Call me Ian, though."

"And what hybrid are you?" Ty asked curiously.

Ian frowned when he saw Ty's face. "I haven't seen you before." He turned to me. "Or you either."

"What hybrid are you?" Ty repeated.

Ian shrugged. "I'm a squid hybrid." He nodded at Mitch. "That's also another reason Skybrine left. He hates squids."

Ty nodded slowly. "Cool. I'm Ty, I'm a dragon hybrid. And that's Layla. She's awesome with redstone, even invented a new iron herself. I'm guessing she can bend rules pretty well."

I waved my hand.

"Also do not get her pissed off," Jerome warned, checking his leg for bruises. "She nearly choked me."

"No I didn't," I wagged my finger at the bacca. "If you weren't drunk you wouldn't have bruises right now."

"Jerome was drunk?" Ian pulled up a chair and sat down. "I'd pay to see that!"

Ty pointed at Mitch. "He was too, but then he sobered up pretty quickly when dawn broke."

"And Jerome too," I added. "Though I had to nominate him for the ice bucket challenge before he sobered up."

Ian laughed and grabbed a bowl of cereal. He munched on it thoughtfully.

"So that means that Enderlox is after you right now?" he asked. I frowned. How did he know?

"Oh, I was outside the door, eavesdropping," Ian waved his hand as if it didn't matter. "For the whole hour," he added. I threw a piece of spare redstone at him.

"Gurls need their priva-cay," Ty grabbed a spoon from the sink amd chucked it at Ian. He caught both.

"Hey, how am I supposed to know anything here if i dont eavesdrop?" Ian said, finishing his breakfast. I saw something blue slithering around, and instantly pounced on it.

"Hey watch it!" Ian yelped.

I lifted the tendril up. It was a squid arm. I traced it back to Ian and held up his hybrid arm. "And just what were you gonna do with this?"

"Grab Jerome's tail," Ian grinned. I turned around and found Jerome washing the dishes. Hmm... Ian was right. Jerome's tail did look fun to pull on. I chucked Ian's arm straight at the floor and it snaked on.

Jerome shrieked when the floppy squid arm yanked hard on his tail. Ty and i laughed hard. I think i broke a lung. Jerome instantly went straight for Ian and Mitch had to join in and the three boys were just wrestling around with each other.

Ty whistled at me. I immediately shuffled over and Ty smiled mischieviously at me. She waved her hand and a portal opened up beneath the boys and they all went tumbling down into it.

My eyes widened as the portal shut. "Where did you send them?"

I heard a shout upstairs, and we both ran to the second floor. They had reappeared in Mitch's bedroom, and only Ian was on the bed. Mitch was sprawled out on the floor and Jerome had managed to land on the balcony.

I opened the glass slide door. "What the hell are you doing outside?"

Ty giggled behind me. "Sorry, my portals tend to get a bit bigger when its an exit."