Chapter 26

~Ty's POV~

I sat up in my bed. The light filtering through the vines that acted as curtains had seeped through my eyelids and woken me up.

I groaned and turned over in my bed. I dont want to wake up. I want to be with Mitch again. And Layla. Layla's become my best friend now. And i dont trust Skybrine. What the hell is he gonna do with me.

I know its his birthday next month but i cant be anyone's present unless someone actually gives me to him.

"Wake up! You cant stay in bed all day."

Ah great. I wasnt in the mood to face him for the entire day in his mansion. I pulled the covers up over my face and pretended to be asleep.

"I know you're awake," he said. He seemed to be at the bedroom door. At least he knows respect. "C'mon, you cant stay in bed all day."

"Yesh I can," I said, my voice muffled by the blanket.

"Then i guess you wont be needing this," a smell wafted towards me and i could smell it even under the covers. It was pork chops.

"Pork chops for breakfast?" I exclaimed incredulously. "Ive never had pork for breakfast before."

"Well this can be your first time." i swear i could hear him smiling.

I sighed and gave in, slithering off the bed like i was melting. I grabbed the blanket with me too. Did i have connection with the ground? I felt for it through my portals, and it took a real long time. The Y coordinates said something like 00000000000 and so i knew my coordinates were broken.

"How high up are we?" I asked, peeking under the covers. The floor was a bit cold so i tucked my blanket in around my belly.

"A lot higher up than my last home," Skybrine said. I could slap that smirk off his face but i didnt want to leave my blanket or stand up so i crawled closer and slithered over his shoes, into the corridor, and i followed the smell of pork chop.

"You know you look hilarious," Skybrine chuckled and i rolled my eyes. I tried to opend up a portal, but i frowned when i found that i couldnt.

"Ah yeah i forgot to mention that," Skybrine grinned. "i set up some, ah, defenses around and inside the house so you cant get away."

I scowled at him and inched all the way to the kitchen, where the pork chops were put on a plate on a table, and they kinda looked like pancakes.

Ah shit im gonna have to get out of my burrito blanket. I crawled out of the blanket and parked myself in the wooden chair.

Skybrine, being the freaking gentleman he was, tossed a few chops towards me and they got absorbed into my inventory. I ate some to fill up my hunger bar and saved some for later.

"So what do you want to do?" Skybrine asked me.

I pretended to think. "Hm, lemme see. I dont know, what does one do in a bajillion blocks above the overworld? Ah i know lets go fishing!" i spat with a load of sarcasm.

Skybrine looked at me strangely. "You want to go fishing?"

I shrugged.

He grabbed my arm and tugged me down a corridor into a room. It was all made of grass blocks, and there was a bench beside a pool that came from a small waterfall from the wall. There was even a small tree.

"Thats awesome!" i squealed, picking up a fishing rod from the floor and settling down on the bench. Finally some activity that involved quietness and no talking.

Instead of fishing with Skybrine, i imagined i was fishing for Jerome. Thinking of him led my train of thought in two different directions - Mitch and Ian. Ian had been struck by a magic fireball... I dont think he's gonna recover anytime soon. And Mitch will be missing me... And we had only gotten together for such a short period of time too.