Chapter 18

~Ty's POV~

I didnt know what Skybrine meant when he said that we'd go hunting... Im assuming that im the prey.

But surprisingly, i wasnt. He had found a herd of cows and was letting me shoot them down.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him when we've finished lunch at a proper table.

Skybrine stood up quickly. "Do what? Im not doing anything."

I narrowed my eyes and stood up. Skybrine's lair was up in the clouds, i think even above the 250 blocks building limit. Maybe he's trying to get as close to the Aether as he can.

Since he's acting so nice... I picked up my sword hilt and stuffed it in my pocket. I thought about the decorations in his house and he chuckled to himself. He was reading my mind. I had to not think about the object i took.

I ran over to the palace - well, mansion, really - entrance and peered down. There was nothing but cloud blocks all the way down to the surface. I looked at my coordinates. 500 blocks high. Holy shit.

A flash of purple appeared in the middle of the room. I turned around. It was Enderlox, with something in his hands... I walked closer, stuffing my hands in my pockets in case i needed my sword.

Enderlox saw me and raised an eyebrow. "You know she's dangerous, right Skybrine?"

Skybrine adjusted his sunglasses. "Yeah, yeah," he waved his hand like he was swatting flies.

I took a few steps closer, close enough that i could feel the heat radiating off Enderlox. I saw the faint red glow around him. The redstone powers that Layla was talking about.

I peered closer and took a sharp intake of breath. It was Layla. She was unconscious and bleeding in several places. Enderlox put her on the floor and turned to Skybrine. They talked about something im sure was very important, but i had tuned them out and was kneeling beside Layla.

Layla? I reached out with the telepathy. I received a faint signal. Layla?

I heard her mumble something in my mind. She was trying to keep awake. It was alright, she could hear me, that was the important thing.

Dont worry, im here, I told her. I remembered something and reached into the real world. Your mother left you a message.

Read, i heard Layla murmur. Before i die.

You wont die, i assured her, hoping she wouldnt pick up the doubt in my mind. You wont die. If you die im going to kill everyone on Drugcraft, dont die.

I could hear her laughing to herself a bit, but the connection was getting weaker.

I wont read it to you if you die, i told Layla. That seemed to make her more stabilized. Her breathing rate increased and she seemed to slip into a restful sleep.

I heard a swish of air and turned my head. Skybrine had teleported away, judging by the black and blue particles drifting in the air. Enderlox was looking at me curiously.

"What?" i hissed, turning back to layla and starting to clean some of her wounds. Multiple places were bruised, some skin was spilt open, but i was sure none of her bones were broken. Luckily i knew where Skybrine kept his first-aid box and i teleported there, grabbed it and teleported back, all within two seconds.

I was only gone for two seconds.

Two seconds. And what did Enderlox do in those two seconds?

He blasted away an entire wall. A wall. What is Skybrine gonna say about that when he gets back???????!!!!

"WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR???!!!" i screamed at him, dropping the first aid kit. Layla turned over to lay on her side. Well at least she was alright.