Chapter 4

~Layla~

In a blink of an eye, the holidays were over. Avani and Nerina were meeting me at my door, as always. We were super excited because this would be the first time we had seen each other since playing Minecraft last night.

"Oh my gosh did you see how much money we made last night?" Avani squealed when I opened the door. I laughed. All the money we got were spilt among the three of us on DrugCraft, and being together on Minecraft had strengthened our friendship and we had promised not to cheat on anyone in our little group.

"I'll bet we could rankup to the highest level in one go!" Nerina rubbed her hands together.

"I'm more intetested in finding Deadlox," Avani said. I liked this idea.

"We could do both," I said. "Rank up, and then grab all our stuff and go hunting for the Youtuber."

"Thats a great idea, but have you noticed all our stuff?" Nerina rolled her eyes. We left my doorstep and started walking to school.

"We could sell some sugarcane," I shrugged. "But not the redstone. We need to set up temprorary defenses if we need to rest."

Avani nodded. "I like this idea."

"This is gonna be awesome," I agreed. Nerina picked up the pace and we were at school on time.

We had all our classes together, except for ICT (Information Communication Technoloy, or Computer), which ws my subject. They were taking TL (Technology & Living , or Sewing & Cooking).

Unfortunately for me, Mikenzy was also in TL, so I had no idea if she would be feeding bad information to both of them. On the bright side, my dad basically taught me eveything the school teaches in ICT this term a few years ago, so I can sit back and relax a bit in class.

The bell rung, and in a flash school was over. I slammed my locker shut and found myself face to face with Mikenzy.

Ok, so, the thing is, Mikenzy isn't that bad. She's posh and a tad bit snobby but she's not all bad. She's just got this charming personality and she's a huge crowd-magnet. I don't like her one bit, but it's hard not to laugh along. It's like she's got some sorcery charm or something.

"Hey," she said in her too-bright, too-fake voice. I clenched my teeth. Why can't I act like I hate her in front of her? I nodded to her, and Avani and Nerina came up behind me. Both of them know I don't like Mikenzy, so they were wise enough to not talk.

"I heard you got Minecraft, hon," she clapped her hands together. "That's great! Wish you the best luck there! Oh, and also, you should really check out this server." She handed me a slip of paper, with the Minecraft IP address on it. I glanced at it and found that it was the DrugCraft server me and the others were playing on.

I was about to say we were already playing when a boy came up behind Mikenzy. He glanced at me. "Oh, hey Layla."

Mikenzy flashed a puzzled look at me. "You know her, Daniel?" Ooooh, so this was Daniel. Freckles, hazel eyes, blonde hair, a bit taller than me. Nah, not my type.

"Yeah, she helped me with my Minecraft stuff," he smiled at me. I scowled and nodded back, and that seemed to scare Daniel. It wasn't that I didn't like Daniel. It was the fact that he was practically Mikenzy's look-alike. Great, he's Mikenzy's brother.

"Oh, how wonderful!" Mikenzy beamed like it was the greatest thing in the whole world. "Well, we have to go now. Bye, guys!" Avani and Nerina waved back awkwardly while I turned to open my locker and pretend to rearrange stuff in it.

"You can stop rearranging stuff now," Nerina grabbed hold of my arms. I was trying to stuff a three-inch thick book into a half-inch thick gap. My OCD logic.