Chapter 6

~Layla's POV~

I stepped backwards again, and this time Deadlox caught me on the arm. Not my injured arm, thankfully.

"Dont be shy," Skybrine said. He had SkyTheKidRS's skin but his eyes were glowing and his amulet was too, and i could see glints of metal in his boots.

"Shes very observant," Skybrine said to Deadlox. He pushed his weapons down further into his boots.

It then occured to me that Skybrine has the same powers as Enderlox, only stronger. Then i started thinking if Deadlox could read my mind when he was in normal form.

I quickly shut off my stream of thoughts when WitherMU spoke. "Come here," he said, beckoning to me with his gloved hand. Ehhh i think i'll pass, thank you.

Deadlox yanked me forward and i stumbled to a halt halfway between the two parties. I cant help but think this made me look like a hostage and Deadlox was handing me over.

Skybrine took a few steps forward and peered at me. I took one step back and in an instant Skybrine had caught me on the arm, right where my injuries lie.

He squeezed it. "I am not as lenient as Enderlox. Do not cross me." I whimpered and nodded, and hoped that the wound had not reopened. Skybrine let go of my arm and it fell limply to my side. I was surprised i could still feel my arm, i had expected it to become numb.

WitherMU stepped forward and examined me. I got the feeling he was not impressed.

"Hi," i managed to squeak out. WitherMU glanced at Deadlox but Deadlox was busy studying his shoes.

"Why a female this time?" Skybrine interrupted the peaceful silence. "You always brought back males."

I glanced back at Deadlox. Human trade system? "Shes special," Deadlox replied. "She has fire." he touched the scar along his shoulder where i had stabbed him with my dagger that night.

Skybrine looked at me and nodded, as if saying alright, I approve of you.

"So will she be in my care or yours?" Deadlox asked, finally looking up.

Skybrine glanced at WitherMU. It was the latter who spoke. "You can keep her. We have no use for females." He turned to me. "But if even Enderlox cant keep you under control then you are coming with us, understand?"

I nodded.

"Good," Skybrine dipped his head to Deadlox. "Then we'll be off." they both disappeared in a flash of light.

"Now lets get you cleaned up," Deadlox clapped his hands together and rubbed them. He grabbed hold of my shoulders and steered me to a slightly darker corner in the cave. "Shower here, you'll find clothes in the clefts of the wall."

Wait, shower here? I looked around. There was a water tap directly above my head, but wait. No curtain? From anywhere in the cave Deadlox could see me. Im a freaking girl for heaven's sake.

"Get out," i said, not as loud as i wanted it to be, though.

"Hmm? Pardon?" Deadlox looked at me, arms crossed. He didnt look pissed, just mildly amused.

"Get out," i pointed to the cave entrance. "A girl has gotta have some privacy."

Deadlox shook his head. "My cave, my rules. I cant go out, not now. But," he quickly added when i started to speak. "I can face the wall, alright?" He tossed me a few sticks. "For throwing at me if ya catch me looking," he said slyly. I wanted to shove these into his eyes but figured that'd be no good.

So i turned on the shower, always keeping an eye on Deadlox, who just continued to face the wall. It seemed like he was sleeping, but then he jerked and i glimpsed his eyes staring at me.