Chapter 1

Summer vacation is almost over. There is one week left of enjoying everyday doing something. And when I say that, I mean fangirling over All Time Low's Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat. JALEX AF!

Today I decided to go for a walk with my brother, Luke. We would go for walks when either one of us were stressed or upset. Throughout the walk we talk about the sensitive topic. This time is was me entering a new school district, leaving my only three friends, and going to high school. Luke went to a different school than me because he was always smarter and got advanced to a great school. My grades finally kicked in and I was scared.

"Listen Ashleigh, you will be fine! And if you are scared I'm always in the same building as you. Text me and I will leave class with an excuse to come comfort you." Luke finally spoke after 5 minutes of walking.

"I know, Luke. I'm just scared that nobody will like me and being as clumsy as I am, I will probably mess everything up on the first day and make it so everybody spreads rumors about me!" I said with one breath.

"Ash, people will like you. Maybe not everybody, but you will find friends. Trust me." Luke wiped away the tears forming in my eyes. "And about the rumors... Nobody will EVER say anything about you or lay a finger on you. If they do, you have three older brothers to beat them up, and I'm a senior, so I can easily beat them."

"Luke, if you beat kids up, you won't be able to go there anymore and if I ever need you," Ashleigh took a deep breath, "You wouldn't be there." I frowned. Luke checked his watch. 4:27 pm. We had been walking for a half hour.

"Hey Ash, I have band practice in 15 minutes. Lets get you back home."

"Do you have to go Luke?" I asked him. I was really close to Luke because out of my whole family other than our mom, Luke was the only one that showed love for me. My other brothers, Jack and Ben, will ignore me or make fun of me and our dad only shows love for the boys and my mom.

"Unfortunately... Don't worry I will be back soon," Luke wrapped an arm around me for a hug, "mom is home cooking dinner, by the time it's done, I will be home."

"Ok."

-

We arrived back home and Luke left right away. I walked upstairs to my bedroom, but I was stopped by my father. "Where have you been, Ashleigh." He spoke in a stern voice.

"I went for a walk with Luke. Why?" I curiously asked.

"You didn't tell anyone. You know the rule, if your gonna be gone for an hour or longer, you have to tell somebody. Luke is at his friend's house. Tell me the truth, Ashleigh!"

"It was only a walk! And Luke just left for band practice a minute ago! You never believe me and you don't love me! Why would you care where I was?!" I began to cry, but I blinked the tears away quickly and ran towards my room. I slammed the door and locked it. I fell on my bed and cried.

"Don't talk like that to me, Ashleigh! Your grounded for a week."

At this point, I was soaking my pillow in tears. I had to spend the rest of summer in my room. I can't leave unless I go to the bathroom or I go to the kitchen.

When I'm grounded, my dad takes my laptop away. I was forced to give it to him, and as soon as I did I went back to my room, locked the door, and cried again. I was in there for ten minutes, but it felt like an hour. I needed to tell somebody. The only person who cared. Luke.

I grabbed my phone, unlocked it, and started texting Luke.

Ashleigh: Luke, I'm grounded again. Dad hates me as usual. You said it wouldn't seem to be long, but it already feels like an hour.

Luke finally responded to the text after four minutes.

Luke: Seriously? Why would you be grounded? I can come home right now if you want me to.

Ashleigh: Yes I'm serious. Dad thinks I was out with a boy or a friend without telling him. He thought you were at Calum's when we went for the walk. Don't come home because of me. Stay with your friends and enjoy the summer for me.

Luke: Wow, I will explain to him everything. I don't care if I leave early. Im coming home. See you in a few minutes.

My tears fell slower. I threw my phone on the floor and went to the corner of my room. That's where I always go when I'm upset. I sat down in the beanbag chair and wiped away tears.

I heard a knock at my door. I didn't answer it. I heard the knock again. A hand went to the door knob and shook it.

"Ashleigh?"

(A/N)
Sorry this is such a boring chapter, they will get better. For some people this is a cliffhanger.
I will try to update this story once or twice a week.