Chapter 17

A/N

-IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ-
I CHANGED THE NAME OF THIS FANFIC FROM MY BROTHERS BANDMATE TO WRAPPED AROUND YOUR FINGER... ALSO, CAN YOU GUYS PLS CHECK OUT MY NEW FANFIC, SET ME FREE? IT WOULD MEAN A LOT... IM NOT DELETING THIS ONE SO DONT WORRY. THANKS
-
Yesterday, the ice cream was pretty good. I had cookie dough and Luke ate mint chocolate chip. It was quite awkward since we didn't talk to eachother. Luke hasnt been acting like himself lately. He's been quiet and kept away in his room and when I did see him, we were eating. I decided to go talk to him.

I knocked on Luke's door and there was no answer. I knocked again. Still no answer. I shook the handle which was locked, no response. I started to get worried, so I went to get my key from my room. I unlocked the door and I looked around for Luke, but there was nobody around.

Luke's window was wide open and I saw a ladder propped up against his window sill. He most likely has been sneaking out of the house and hanging with some girl. I decided to run downstairs and go outside to scope out the yard. I didn't use the ladder because I have a weird phobia of ladders. I don't know, I just can't climb on a ladder because I don't trust it since it could fall and I could die.

I looked around our front yard. No Luke. I looked around our backyard. No Luke. I checked in the pool. No Luke. Makes sense, I mean, if I were to sneak out, I wouldn't be around the house. I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and dialed Luke's number.

Surprisingly, there was an answer. The person who answered wasn't Luke though. I checked to make sure I was on Luke's contact, which I was. "Hello?" The voice answered.

"Hello? Who is this?" I asked.

I knew the person on the end of the line was a female because of the high voice, but I didn't know who it was. Wait! Luke must've been with a girl! OMG DOES LUKEY FINALLY HAVE A GIRLFRIEND? "Umm, are you still there?" I heard a voice and my thoughts were cut off.

"Oh I'm sorry I couldn't hear what you said," I didn't lie.

"I said my name is Maya. Who's this?" She said.

"Okay, Maya, I was looking for a more general answer, but since you didn't answer that way, why are you on my brother's phone?" I asked quite harshly.

"Umm, my boyfriend doesn't have a sister. He has two brothers." She spat. Did Luke seriously not talk about me?

"Umm, would your so called boyfriend be named Luke Hemmings by any chance?"

"Yeah, why?" She asked.

"He's my brother and you're on his phone. Why?" I retorted.

"Nice try. You're just an obsessive fan who wishes she could be related to the all time sexy Luke Hemmings." She sassed. I heard a faint voice in the background. "Hey Maya, who is it?" He asked. I noticed that the voice belonged to Luke. I was somewhat relieved.

"Oh, some obsessed fan girl claims to be your sister, but I keep telling her you don't have a sister," she answered Luke. Then Maya went back to me. "What's your name anyways? You're on speaker phone so Luke can hear you and tell me if you're lying." She taunted.

"Hi Lucifer! I'm telling you he's my brother and even he will agree. Ashleigh Rose Hemmings is my name by the way. Luke could've told you that." I responded quite confident.

"I don't know, Luke. Is she legit?" Maya asked Luke.

"I told you, I don't have a sister and I never heard of an Ashleigh Rose. Why is she calling me Lucifer? That's not my name." He lied. I began to cry. My lips quivered and I could feel my cheeks become soaked from my tears. Did Luke not care about me anymore?

"Y-You know w-what? F-Fuck you, L-Luke!" I stuttered. Before I could hang up and run inside, Maya talked again.

"Don't you dare speak to him like that!" She yelled.

I ended the call and ran inside with my head in my hands crying. I didn't was anybody to see me and ask questions, so I stopped at the front door and wiped my tears away, but they kept falling. I decided to go to the one person who would comfort me. Michael.

I started jogging to his house and when I got there, I noticed there were no parked cars in his driveway. I wonder if anybody is home?

I rang the doorbell and waited for a response. I got nothing. I tried again and after a few rings and knocks here and there, the door flung open. Lets just say the person was definitely not Michael. She was a blonde who kind of resembled Michael. They had the same eye color, mouth, and in general, the same body. She was thin and a little taller than me. I gasped at the sight of her.

"Umm.. Err... Hello? Is Michael home?" I asked wiping away my tears.

The female looked down at me and gave me a disgusted look.