Chapter 22

The day went well. A little girl was flirting with Michael and complementing his colored hair. Then who I'm assuming to be that little girl's brother, was flirting with me. Lets just say that Michael was jealous. It was fine though because he's really cute when he's mad... He's like a fierce kitten.

We were then penny boarding back to my house. Since it was 87 degrees, we stopped for ice cream. Michael got chocolate chip mint, yuck, and I got a simple vanilla with rainbow sprinkles. We walked the rest of the way carrying our ice creams in one hand and our boards in the other.

When we got back to mine, we instantly went to the garage. I had to show Michael something that was in there. Okay, I really didn't have to, but his Christmas present from me is up in my room unwrapped. I needed a distraction so I could hide it. I ordered it offline and my mom said it came today so she put it on my bed.

"Alright, Mikey, lets chill out in the garage. I'll take the penny boards and stuff inside and grab a few snacks and drinks and I'll even bring out an air mattress so we can sleep out here." I said.

"Okay. I can get something if you want, though. I'll get the mattress and blow it up?" He suggested. I agreed since it wasn't in my room. He would walk to the closet in the living room and grab the queen sized air mattress with the pump.

I ran upstairs quickly to put away the boards and present which I wrapped. Then I grabbed a trash bag and around 15 pillows shoved inside of it. I then went downstairs and grabbed some Sunny D and water bottles. I figured we wouldn't need much, so I snuck a few candy bars, Doritos, and ordered a pizza.

I took all the stuff to the garage and Michael already started pumping up the bed. As the pump was electric, he didn't need to hold it. He stood up and took of his flannel leaving him in a baseball tee. Damn he's hot.

After he looked over, he smirked and faced me all the way. Next thing I knew, he was taking off the baseball tee leaving him topless. I didn't realize it, but I was drooling. A lot. He winked at me and I used my arm to wipe the spit off my chin. "Like what you see?" He teased. My cheeks changed to a bright shade of pink at that moment making me put my head down. I heard the doorbell ring and jumped up.

"I got it!" I yelled. I walked inside my house and opened the door. "How much is it again?" I asked the delivery man.

"20 dollars, but for you it can be 10." He winked. I blushed at his comment and gave him a 20.

"Keep the change." I smiled and closed the door.

On the special instructions for the order, I said to write an inspirational quote inside the box and I waited until I was back in the garage to open it. I walked in the cool garage and put the pizza on the table. I turned around just about to tell Michael about the pizza being here, but his face was a dark red color turning purple. He beat me to the talking. "I heard everything, Ashleigh Rose Hemmings!" He raised his voice.

"Michael calm down." I tried, but failed.

"I cannot and will not calm down, Ashleigh! That guy was without a doubt flirting with you and you didn't even stop him! What? Do you like him more than me?" He asked. I froze in shock of his sudden outburst.
"No response? Alright, goodbye Ashleigh. Don't even try telling me to stop or anything because I cant. Youre the one for me and obviously I'm not good enough. Goodnight and goodbye. This will be fucking hard for me, but I can deal with it." He raged. I was really scared. Was this it? It can't be! No! It won't be!

I blinked. Just like that, he was gone. I instantly started crying and screaming for somebody. Nobody came and I was a wreck.

I found my dad's old tool box laying on the ground and made my way over to it. I opened it and just like I thought, there was a pocket knife. I didn't feel like going inside for anything. I barely even wanted to move, but this was fine.

I grabbed the knife and brought it up to my arm. I was still in tears and my body was already numb. Its not like I would feel anything even though I wish I could feel the delightful pain. I missed it and as soon as the cold and sharp silver knife touched my arm, it broke the skin surface and blood dripped down my arm. I continued to cut all the way up my arm until I noticed that my arms weren't even. I then cut my other arm all on it.

I didn't realize it, but I was crying really loud. Africa could probably hear me. Hell, America could probably hear my cries.

Just as I dropped the knife, I picked it back up and heard someone. "Put the knife down!" I didn't listen to the deep, groggy voice. "I say put the fucking knife down!" Once again, I didn't listen. I started bringing it back to my arms to finish my work of art. "I'll give you three seconds to put the knife down! One. Two. Three. Okay you asked for it!"

I heard footsteps running across the cement floor. A muscular arm smacked my hand making the knife skip across the room and I sighed.

I looked up to see a teary Michael. "I'm so sorry, Ashleigh." He cried as he fell into my arms. I ignored him. "Please forgive me?" He begged. I wasn't taking his apology. I cut so much in less than ten minutes and he thinks sorry will make this all better?

"No Michael. I'm sorry, but sorry won't cut it. Literally. You can't do that!" I yelled. Michael put his head down.

"Can I at least stay here tonight? I mean, I did say I was sorry." He tried convincing me.

"No Michael. You ruined tonight. Go home and go up and get your things." I told him.

He turned around with his head hanging low. As he walked out, I remembered about his present. Now what? I could give it to Luke, I could keep it, I could give it to Ashton or Calum, but I'm not sending it back.

Footsteps could be heard coming closer to me and I looked up seeing Michael holding the wrapped up box with his name on it and a heart. Shit.

"Ashleigh," He started.

"Put it down and leave." I told him.

"You don't have to be a bitch about it!" He argued.

"Are you serious, Michael?!" I fought back.

"You must be on your period. You're being really bitchy." He sighed.

"What the hell! I am not! Drop it and leave! Now!" I yelled. I then waited until he was outside to slam the door shut and lock it. I cleaned out the garage and went up to my bed.