Chapter 19

THIS UPDATE WILL BASICALLY JUST BE A LONG CONVERSATION, BUT SHOULD HOPEFULLY LIKE IT... I HOPE... ANYWAY HERE IT IS.
~~~~~~~

"Alright, Michael, so here's the story of my childhood and my parents. I hope you won't leave me after you hear this."

"Ashleigh, I would never leave you." he told me and I cracked a quick smile before tracking back to reality.

"Okay. So obviously I was a mistake. My fathers condom broke and he wanted no more children and he left my mom for about four months since he couldn't handle having the job of fathering another kid especially when he found out I was a girl. I was born and my mom would care for me, but my dad wouldn't do anything. He wouldn't change my diaper, rock me to sleep, put me in my crib, change my clothes, bathe me, you name it. When I was about five, he would go out to bars and pubs and when he came back in a drunken state, he started beating me. I would cry and one time he dislocated my knee and another time he pushed me against a wall and my head hit something and I now have a big scare on the back of my head. I had to have my hair shaved off so I could go into surgery. Around seven years old, my father came home from work early and I was home alone and he walked up to me, threw a punch at me and... he raped me. He would umm rape me quite a lot and I told my mom when I was nine and he was sentenced to jail. He was released for good behavior two years ago and now that I told on him, he wants to kill me. My mom wouldn't really notice me at all from the time that he was in jail and neither would my brothers. Except for Luke. He was always there to comfort me." I took a deep breath and I didn't realize I was crying until I looked down and the pillow on my lap was wet. Michael picked my head up, his eyes were watery, and he wiped my tears away. The salty tears kept falling down my face, though.

"Ashleigh... I had no idea. You're in a worse situation than me and anybody would agree."

"But Michael, that's not all. I'm not comfortable with talking about the rest just yet." I spoke.

"It's okay. So that's why you cut?"

"That's part of it" I truthfully stated. Michael looked at me in disbelief.

"What else could have happened to you? Whatever it is, you don't deserve it nor did you ever!" He shot back.

"Michael, its fine. It's just, at my old school, I only had like two friends and everybody else absolutely hated me. I always came to school crying or something and the kids would laugh, point, call me names, and even physically hurt me. Don't flip out, Michael. Its the past. Let it be. The past is what made me who I am today and I definitely regret most of it, but I can't change it and it's going to stay that way." I confessed with a sigh earning a tight hug from Michael.

I got up from my spot on my bed and turned on the TV and turning on NetFlix. I figured we could watch a movie or something. "Hey Mikey, what do you want to watch?" I asked skimming through some categories.

"How about we have a marathon of old cartoons?" He suggested. That was perfect. No cliché movie where we end up cuddling and then making out. We would watch our favourite shows as kids and die of laughter.

"Oh my god, Mikey!" I gasped.

"What?" He laughed at me.

"I don't know... we were just silent for a few minutes. Courage the Cowardly Dog, Lilo and Stitch, Power Puff Girls, CatDog, Rugrats, Digimon, Hey Arnold?" I suggested. Michael thought for a few seconds.

"How about we watch Pokémon? Or do you not like Pokémon?" He scratched the back of his neck.

"Are you kidding? I love Pokémon! But which season would we watch?" I jumped.

"Let's start from the beginning. I know it was a little shitty back then, but I can make do with it." He shrugged.

I clicked on Pokémon and we were watching for a long time before my eyes started getting heavy.

-

I woke up with Michael shaking me. I jumped at the sight of him and then after looking at the TV I laughed remembering what we were doing.

"Your mom called us down. She said supper was ready. I'm only going if you go because I don't want a gun to my head." Michael said worried.

"Alright, it smells good. Let's go and hopefully it's just me, you and my mom down there." I smiled and Mikey wrapped his arm around me.

We got down to the dining room and Jack was there. "Hey Michael. Hey Ash." He greeted with his mouthful.

"Hi" we said in unison.

I sat next to Jack and Michael sat next to me. There was food already on our plates and we started eating before Jack broke the silence. "So who's Luke's girl?" He asked curiously.

I fake gagged. Michael answered for me seeing that my brother raised an eyebrow at my action. "Some PlayBoy slut probably. Luke's been lying to her to probably just get inside her pants. Maybe that's where his purity ring went? He said he never had a sister and Ashleigh called him asking where he was and he was pretending that he never even met his own sister before." Both my mom and Jack looked over at me to see if he was telling the truth. I just simply nodded.

"Okay. I'm going to have to have a little, or big talk with Luke later." My mother announced as she wrote something on a piece of paper.

-

Michael and I were cuddling on my bed as we were full and we heard a person stomping in the hallway. They stopped and knocked on my door heavily. Both me and Mikey jumped. We looked at eachother and I got up and rolled on the floor to look at the feet under the door. I recognized the shoes of this person and I gasped.

A/N: CLIFFHANGER!!! Okay so this is half a filler. I hope you liked it even though it was just talking. It will be more exciting next chapter and not as many conversations... bye

Read my other books:

-Set Me Free (A.I.)

-5SOS Imagines and Preferences