Chapter 39

Michaels POV

As we were decorating the twins room, I went to go get a few things. I got a few things that I got for the babies when we were on tour and I also grabbed a box.

When I came back in the room, I put all of the things on the table we were using except the box. I tapped Ashleigh's shoulder and looked down so she would look down too. She saw the pile of items. "Michael, you bought all of these things?" She asked. I nodded as she brought me into a warm hug.

What I had was a few pop up books, some dresses, clothes for Daniel, a few flags from different countries, a sign that said 'Twins R Better' and dream catcher thingy. We placed them in the room with the flags being all around the top of the walls.

A few times today, people came by and brought more things for them. Seeing the things that they brought were so adorable. Not very punk rock, but adorable,

Knowing that I'm a father with the best person ever, who happens to be their mother is the best feeling in the world. I couldn't ask for anything else. All I needed was Ashleigh by my side and our beautiful children in our arms.

I thought it was the perfect time to do what I was waiting for ever since I first laid eyes on Ashleigh. Purpose. I already knew what I would say since I was planning this from day 1.

I got on the ground kneeling and stretched a little so it was a little less obvious. "Ashleigh," I spoke as I pulled out the ring. She paid full attention to me. "Back in highscho ok we used to take it slow. Ever since that day that we met, I knew you were the one. You're everything I could imagine and everything I could ever ask for and I knew it was true love when we started dating. Through our ups and downs, our small breakups and forgiveness, I realized that I love nobody other than you and I would love for you, and our lovely children, to be in my life until the day I die. Meeting you and having kids are the best things in the world and I would give up anything to keep you guys safe. So, Ashleigh Rose Hemmings, will you do the honor of marrying me?" I asked a little shakily.

At this point, Ashleigh was full on in tears. "Oh course, Michael Gordon Clifford! Of course I will marry you!" She cried.

I slipped the shiny diamond ring on her finger and she looked at it with her eyes studying it. Once I stood back up, the first thing that happened was Ashleigh hugging me with a bone crushing hug. We pulled apart and I stared into her beautiful eyes. Seconds later my lips collided with hers moving passionately in sync.

Ashleigh's POV

Michael purposive me was the second best thing that happened to me. The birth of my children being first. I wanted to show everyone my ring and see their reactions. Right after the kiss, Michael reached down on the ground and picked up a rose bouquet. I didn't even know he had that.

"Roses for my royal queen." he said as he bowed down.

After celebrating for a little bit, my mom brought the babies back upstairs to us handing me Daniel and Michael had Faith. "Im so happy for you two. For everything." My mom said. "Can I see the ring?" She asked.

"How did you?" I started.

"You yelled your answer." She chuckled.

I ended up calling pretty much everyone about the purposes when Michael took the kids to Calum's house so he could baby sit them when we go out for dinner tonight.

Arianna was the last person I called because I knew we'd talk the longest. After I told her I was engaged her response was "WOOOOOO! YAY! IM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! YOURE GOING TO HAVE THE BEST WEDDING EVER AND YOUR CHILDREN ARE GOING TO BE THERE EXPERIENCING IT ALL AND AFTERWARDS WERE GOING TO HAVE A TOAST TO THE GIRL ALMIGHTY, WHICH IS YOU, AND IM GONNA BE THERE HOPEFULLY IF U INVITE ME AND I MIGHT WRITE A FANFIC ABOUT YOU!" She yelled into the phone.

"Okay, slow down." I said laughing.

"I CANT! YOURE GETTING MARRIED! THIS IS BIG, NO THIS IS HUGE! I NEED ALL DETAILS." We talked for around an hour and when Michael came back and heard Arianna yelling through the phone he just backed out of the room. This is definitely the best year of my life!

OMFG GOALS!!! IM JEALOUS OF YOU ASHLEIGH!!!! Btw Arianna is calumscello_ and I based her lines off of what she'd probably sayXD