Wish

(Small Author Note- I based the festival around the Lantern Rite and Disney's Tangled- I would much appreciate it if you had the soundtrack of Festival in Tangled playing in the background during this chapter, due to that was most of the inspiration around the music- Happy Reading!)

Day Seven had finally rounded the corner as Viox woke early to help organize the restock for the biggest day. Even Diluc was helping out, as he too was getting orders shouted at him by Viox, who had adoren a new outfit for the day. A silk black corset and shorts with knee high boots fit the woman, as her bright pink hair appeared brighter today as she talked to the workers at Stall four.

"The wines must be on tap all night, please make sure if the first barrel is empty, stock it quickly with another. We can't go slow like normal today." She explained as the workers nodded, "And make sure the fruits stay out too, keep them away from the fire so they stay cool!" She said as she walked to Stall five. This stand had been the most popular from out of town guests. She smiled and waved as they spotted her, Nicki was working as the head for the night, he had the most experience with the Festival in general, "Hi Nicki! How has your morning been?" She asked as she got close enough, the taller man smiled, "It's been great with the extra barrels coming in today! And because you make things a lot smoother here Miss Viox." He tried a hand at charming the untaken woman, who chuckled lightly, "Always a charmer Nicki, maybe I'll save a dance for you, since we haven't before." She said looking at her checklist, as the man laughed, "No need Miss Viox, I have a special lady on my arm tonight, maybe if all goes well, she'll become my bride, besides, we all know you're Kaeya's girl now, and none of us barkeeps can compete with a Knight." He said as he looked over the workers. Viox frowned, "Kaeya's girl?" She asked. Nicki nodded, "Word spread like a wildfire after the fire with your house, Kaeya was at the bar that night while I was tending, he hadn't ordered a single drink as he played with a piece of Mora. It was like he was waiting for something or someone. That's when a lower grade Knight rushed in and shouted about a fire. Kaeya seemed to be shook to his core, I've never seen a Knight so scared in my life, especially when I was working the ranks. Without waiting he darted out of the tavern." Nicki said as he worked on smoothing out a banner on the stalls top. "The next time I saw him, he was heavily burned on one arm, and his eyes stayed staring downcast, he hadn't touched one drop of Wine for a week. That's when I heard from a few Knights that your house went up in flames, and Kaeya had pulled you from the embers, burning himself in the process." Nicki looked at Viox, "He seemed out of character for a while till after your release. That's when word traveled that you were his girl." He finished, Viox stood, frozen to her spot, "He really?" She asked softly as Nicki nodded, "Kaeya is one brave son of a gun." He said as Viox nodded. Her heart fluttered softly in her chest as she soaked up the words. "Thank you for telling me." She said with a smile, "Now let's finish up the checklist." She said as Nicki nodded.

Violet stood on the corner with a fellow Knight beside her, her eyes kept looking over at Diluc, who was helping a few workers this morning restock his tavern cellar. He would look over at her and wave a little with a very small smile. Violet flushed as she heard a small snort, "You're like a little kid." Jules said as Violet snorted, "I am not!" She defended her actions of staring at the man who had hired her troop from Dragonspine. Jules was her second in command, a slim woman with brown hair, she was incredibly fast and deadly for that matter, one of the reasons Violet chose her as a second in command. "Yes you are, it's adorable really, Diluc is a handsome man." Jules commented looking at Diluc, Violet's eyes followed, Diluc wasn't just handsome, he was strong, intelligent, he seemed to know everything about everyone here in Mondstadt. He was kind towards the children that played in the streets, and sweet to the elderly, he was proper to everyone. His eyes were like fire in its purest form. Violet couldn't help but want to learn more about the man. She turned away and looked at the ground, "He'd never go with a Knight as I think about it, he's more of a loner type." Jules said as Violet bit her lip. "I think I've been in the heat too long. I'm going to go get water." She said quickly as she darted off. Just far enough away from Jules's comments.