Gone

3 months. It had been 3 months since the fight. Kaeya had made a quick and fast recovery, the magic like bullet hadn't hit any important areas. He pulled through like a trooper, but Viox had recovered from the event. Before Kaeya's released, Viox left a single letter on his bed while he slept. Her handwriting was beautiful as Kaeya awoken to the white parchment. It had a single blueish white rose tied to it in a dark blue ribbon. He had been confused at first, but after a week of not hearing from Viox, let alone Violet giving out any information about her sibling. Kaeya opened the letter. He couldn't finish it after the first paragraph. Viox was saying goodbye.

He looked out his window in his living room, the letter dangling in his fingers as he watched the people of Mondstadt go about their daily life. His eye looked about as he felt a painful squeeze in his chest everytime he spotted a pink haired person. Viox was no longer in Mondstadt. He leaned against the glass as a voice spoke up, "Are you going to try to find her?", Diluc asked, leaning against the far wall of the room, his arms crossed. As Kaeya turned, "She doesn't want...I cant..." he looked at the letter in his hand, "She stated that she doesn't want me hurt again...so she went into hiding. Only 3 people know where she is...and that's only her family. Violet won't say a word to me, and their parents rightfully dislike me, so no luck there." He said as he read over the letter once more. "No hints...no decoding that I can find...but she's hiding something from me." He said quietly as Diluc rose a brow, "She received her vision." He said. As Kaeya froze, "Her vision?" He whispered, stunned, "Yes." Diluc replied, "She thought you had died in her arms and the gods saw it as a gift to save you all from the Abyss Mages and blessed her with a Vision." He said as Kaeya took a seat on his couch, "I didn't know." He said as Diluc sighed, "She didn't want you to know because she fears herself more now. She is terrified that staying with you, will hurt you again, although she wants nothing more to run back into your arms." He commented, seeing if his adopted brother would see if he'd pick up on the hint, Viox was safe within her home in Dragonspine, Diluc knew this due to the letters that Violet and himself had been receiving from Viox herself, as Kaeya stood up, "She's back home." He said as Diluc smiled, "So you will go after her?" He asked as Kaeya looked at his brother, "I love her." He stated as Diluc chuckled, "That's the first time you've actually admitted your feelings so bluntly." He said gently as Kaeya smirked, "Its needed now. Don't stop me and don't tell your woman." He said as Diluc shrugged, "If she asked I am not one to lie." He replied as Kaeya pulled on his gear for Dragonspine's cold weather, he paused, looking at the grey jacket that he had taken back from Viox. A smile on his face as he placed it in his pack and put on a different warm coat. Darting out of his home, "I'll be back." He called out to Diluc, who waved him off quietly.

Kaeya dashed through the trails that he took with Albedo. It had been a few months since he had been out here, but the memories were still fresh as he let out a ragged breath, his eyes looking out at the broken bridge, the houses that lined the edge of the small town of Dragonspine. Snow started to fall in fluffy white clumps as he carefully crossed the bridge and headed into the town.

He looked about as he saw many people gather in groups around different fires. He edged over to one to warm himself as his ears perked. "Have you heard about the new bard yet? The Jade Troop has welcomed in an old member." One woman said to another, as the other gasped, "They hardly let anyone in! How on earth did they just accept this old member so fast?" She asked as the other giggled, "I'm sure it's because they've been getting more customers due to her voice!" As the woman gossiped, Kaeya cleared his throat, "Where could one find this new bard?" He asked as the women looked at him, "She's working tonight, you can find her in the Jaded Hut Tavern. I'm not surprised a man is looking for her, she's stunning." She rolled her eyes as Kaeya shrugged, "I'm not looking for marriage...I have a girl." He said as the women flushed. Kaeya took that as his time to leave as he walked around before spotting a large tavern with a sign that had a cut Jade stone on it. He smirked, if anyone had the most intel, it would be bards. He carefully shoved himself inside the very packed tavern as there were shouts for more music to be played. He made his way over to the bar and ordered a drink, "I'm not sure about your wines, but the strongest please." He shouted over the chants of the drunks in the bar, as the woman behind the counter nodded and made the drink quickly, handing it over, "What is happening with this crowd?" He asked her as the barmaid set the glass down, "You haven't heard? Viox is going to sing tonight." She said casually as Kaeya froze, at the same moment a small lute began to strum. "There will come a soldier! Who carries a mighty sword! He will slay your city down!" The voice shook Kaeya to his core as his face looked up at the stage, seeing the woman he barely had to find, singing her heart out. Her pink hair was tied back in a low ponytail, her neck glittered as an Electro Vision dangled from her choker. Her green eyes were dull even though she was smiling. Kaeya felt his body start to move as he pushed his way through the crowd. He wanted to touch her, make sure she was real. After 3 months, he was able to gaze upon her once more. It was fresh, like their first meeting. His feet moved him as the song ended, and Viox headed to the back of the stage. Kaeya swallowed thickly as he saw her leave, "No..." he whispered softly as he shoved himself towards the front door. He would meet her in the back! He stumbled into the cold of Dragonspine, looking around to see if he could find the back of the building. He couldn't spot one as his heart raced, he was so close. As he felt his heart clench harshly, he heard the bubbly laughter. Viox was walking with a female down the street, her long hair was loose and free as she walked, her eyes were looking up at the sky, a small smile graced her face as she walked next to her friend. Kaeya felt frozen. As Viox lowered her face to spot him. "Kaeya?" She whispered out as he nodded, "Viox." He replied back as he moved, running up to her and hugging her close, "I thought I'd never see you again." He said quietly, holding her close to him.

"How did-?" She pulled away, as Kaeya chuckled, "I figured it out myself with a little push from a friend." He said quietly as Viox glared, "You're not supposed to be here Kaeya." She said firmly, as Kaeya frowned, "Why?" He asked as Viox pushed herself fully away, "Because you aren't safe. I'm not safe. With Fruitia still on the loose, we won't ever be safe." She said firmly. Kaeya looked down, "Just...Viox...I..." he looked at her, "Viox please come home to Mondstadt." He asked her.

Viox took a moment to collect herself, "Why should I?!" She screamed at Kaeya, "Why should I go back there Kaeya?! My life! Your life! Are constantly in danger with me there!" She screamed at the kneeling man, her heart screamed at her to go back but her mind said otherwise. Kaeya didn't look up at her, as Viox snarled, "There's no reason but danger! Kaeya you are a Knight! You know that it's better for me to be in holding!" She stomped her foot as Kaeya smiled a little at the attitude she was giving, "I'd be endangering so many people going back!" She shouted as Kaeya moved closer to her, "Why aren't you answering me?!" She asked loudly as Kaeya cupped her face, "Why...aren't you speaking?" She asked quietly as Kaeya smiled, "Because you are so beautiful." He whispered looking her face over, he hadn't seen her face in what felt like forever. He smiled as he watched her, "Just like when I first saw you." He said quietly before connecting their lips. Viox's eyes widened before fluttering close, her heart fluttered in her chest at his words. Viox felt her body give into the kiss, how long had it been? She kissed back gently, maybe it was just a dream again? Kaeya surely wouldn't just come to take her back to Mondstadt? She pulled away, looking at the man before her. Her eyes connected with his milky blue one, she cupped his tan face, looking at him, when was the last time they had seen each other? He looked healthy, but his eye read something mixed in with happiness. Viox blinked, as her other hand gently touched his chest, his heartbeat was strong as if he had been running. "This is the part where you tell me youre not real and then leave me huh?" she asked as Kaeya chuckled, "What?" he asked as Viox chuckled weakly, her eyes watering a little, "Nothing." she said as she hugged Kaeya gently, "Just happy." she said as Kaeya held her close.