song eunrae ;; 911.

" the smallest things make up the best of you . "

.
.
.
.
.

" i can't sleep . "

in the dead of night , while hendery was about to bite down into his huge chicken drumstick and experience its crispiness and satisfactory , he felt an arm snake around his waist and pull him close , forcefully dragging him away from his chicken . 

his eyes snapped open and he found himself lying in a pool of drool . he sat up , confused and disgusted , then turned to face his girlfriend .

eunrae stared back , eyes wide with not a single ounch of sleepiness inside them . despite so , the dark circles under her eyes and the soullessness of an empty void still worried him to no end .

" babe , you need to try , " he sighed , " it's the third fucking day ! "

" i know ! " she whined , " but i just — "

hendery sighed again , recounting the amount of things he'd tried to get her a good night's sleep . " we've tried essential oils , a humidifier , pulling a thirty-hour shift and getting kicked home by kun , midnight snacks , midnight drinks , two hundred pushups , watching a movie , counting sheep , trying to set a matchstick house on fire , baking chocolate lava cake and building lego trump . what else is there to do ? do you want me to do the ching chong ling long king kong ding dong bing bong with you or what ?! "

" no , no fucking in this christian household ! " she laughed .

he slammed himself back into the bed , exasperated . the wetness of his drool on his pillow from his chicken drumstick dream earlier disgusted him to no end , making him sit back up . as he did so , an idea popped into his head .

" come on , " he said , excitement slowly heating up the atmosphere as he gently pushed eunrae off the bed and out of the room , " let's go out for a walk . "

" in these ?! " she complained , pointing at the pikachu onesie she was wearing .

" yeah ! it's 3am anyways , no one's gonna judge . now come on ! "

———————

at 3am in the morning , most shops were already closed , except for convenience stores , 24-hour fast food restaurants and the occasional bar and nightclub . the couple walked down the streets , hand in hand , savouring the crisp night air and cooling breeze as well as the immaculate silence surrounding them . previously , they'd never gotten the chance to do something so leisurely before — they were always either on a busy midnight shift or snoring their asses off in their shared apartment , so this was a really refreshing experience .

eunrae found herself staring . staring at a couple sitting on a bench outside a nighclub , smooching each other's faces off . they pounced at each other with terrifying ferocity , which , honesly , made her cringe a little . 

she was staring so hard , she didn't even notice hendery letting go of her .

and when she came back to her senses , he was already gone .

she was just about to go look for him when she spotted him through the glass door of a convenience store , paying the cashier and placing his things in a bag . as soon as he was done , he skipped out of the store and pranced towards her , his long sleeves flapping in the wind , hiding his hands and half of the plastic bag .