jang seulchae ;; the sound of silence.

" my answer is you. "

.
.
.
.
.

" hey, " chae nudged seokmin's arm gently, tugging at the sleeve of his hoodie, " how many girlfriends have you had before me ? "

he seemed a little taken aback by her sudden question, but he still gave his honest answer nonetheless.

with a cheeky smile, he grabbed her hands and slipped them into his, intertwining their fingers together like an experienced boyfriend while winking.

" i've got tons of girlfriends. "

do you mind your boyfriend being an experienced playboy who had tons of exes before you ?

honestly, chae had mixed feelings about it. in a way, seokmin was more caring than other inexperienced boyfriends and could always attend to her needs or shower her with the attention she wanted, but in another way, every time he showered her with said attention, it always reminded her that he was only doing so because his tons of exes taught him that.

hell, ever since she asked that damn question, she started being obsessed with details.

for example, the mug he used every morning to drink his milk.

she'd never given it a single thought before this, but now that she looked at it, she realised that it looked suspiciously like a mug from a couple mug set.

probably a mug he owned since his days with one of his tons of exes.

" something wrong ? " seokmin raised an eyebrow when he saw her eyeing said mug vengefully, " you want milk too ? but i thought you were lactose intolerant. "

i'm not lactose intolerant ! your ex is !

chae wasn't sure if seokmin's ex was actually lactose intolerant or not, but in that moment, it was all she could think of. she huffed, mentally reprimanding herself for not trusting him while also mentally reprimanding him for acting sus.

then, without a word, she stood up and stalked off from the dining table, leaving her poor boyfriend sipping his milk in confusion.

what's even worse was the day her period came, the day her cramps were the worse and her mood was at an all-time low. lucky for her, it was a weekend, so she could laze around at home instead of going to work. unlucky for her, it was a weekend, meaning she had to stare at seokmin and think about his tons of exes all day.

the fact that he was extra caring did not help at all. he made her ginger tea, bought a hot pack for her, got her her favourite movies, made her her favourite ramen for lunch and even stopped playing games for the entire day so she could have some peace and quiet. it was like he was trained for this, like he'd had tons of experience with his exes before.

you see ?!

his exes taught him well. his tons of exes taught him to be the perfect boyfriend.

if there was one thing chae did not like sharing, it was her boyfriend. and to think that he'd dated a ton of people before her...

" you okay ? need me to reheat that hot pack for you ? "

seokmin must've sensed her frustration, because right then and there, he wrapped his arm around her and placed a quick kiss on the tip of her nose.